Mercury turns direct [24 Virgo 12]
– October 2, 2022 (09:07 GMT)
Hip hip hooray – Mercury turns direct this weekend after an unusually chaotic three weeks.
Trickster planet Mercury turned retrograde on September 10th in Libra. Mercury returns to the air sign Libra linked to relationships on October 10th – this might be the date when you can find more balance within a key relationship, especially if love and life have been out of kilter recently.
Mercury In Virgo
Mercury has already moved through Virgo, where it turns direct today, from August 4th to August 26th and Mercury retrograded back into Virgo on September 23rd. These dates may be relevant to what’s happening now, especially August 20th/21st when Mercury first entered its shadow phase.
Mercury rules all forms of communication so if you’ve experienced any hiccups, misunderstandings or delays, now is the perfect time to sort things out. The same applies to paperwork, bureaucracy, facts and figures.
This is especially important as Mercury turns direct in earth sign Virgo linked to writing, administration & correspondence. Deal with the facts, get back to basics.
Mercury Trine Pluto
What’s intriguing about this Mercury direct phase is that Mercury is now at 24° Virgo and when it switches direction it’s trine Pluto at 26° Capricorn. Pluto also turns direct on October 8th.
Mercury and Pluto have already met twice, on August 22nd and September 27th when Mercury was retrograde. They make their third and final connection on October 7th.
This means that it’s not just a good time to talk once Mercury turns direct but it’s a good time to talk about any difficult, challenging or taboo subjects.
Mercury and Pluto together are a focused combination. This is laser insight, deep understanding, bringing what’s hidden to light. Whatever conversation you’ve been avoiding recently, this is the one to tackle.
Mercury and Pluto together are helpful for unearthing secrets, therapeutic conversations, research and detective work. Be thorough in your dealings, follow a thought through to its logical conclusion, tie up loose endings and finalise important matters.
Mercury Direct Guidelines
Here are some guidelines for when the communication planet is moving in the right direction:
- try again – second chances are a classic Mercury direct theme, sort out any misunderstandings
- consider what Mercury retrograde taught you, i.e. where are you wasting your time?
- speak your mind – ask what someone else thinks or feels, initiate a conversation
- write a list – keep it short & deal with what’s most important or urgent in your life
- do what you say you will, recommit to a promise
- handle any technological or transport issues
- plug back in & renew your energy & focus
Star Sign Information
Here are the key areas where Mercury is turning – read both your Sun sign & your Ascendant sign.
- Virgo: Personal goals, image & profile
- Libra: Inner work & retreat
- Scorpio: Friends & group activities
- Sagittarius: Career & vocation
- Capricorn: Travel & study
- Aquarius: Joint finances & sex
- Pisces: Partnership & contracts
- Aries: Work & health
- Taurus: Creativity, romance & children
- Gemini: Home & family
- Cancer: Communication & community
- Leo: Money & values
If you would like to receive weekly horoscopes so you know what to expect & keep up-to-date with the latest astrology, you can join my subscription service here: Weekly Horoscopes. You’ll have all the information you need at your fingertips to work with cosmic timing.
Amanda Thomas says
Thank you Sally … very enlightening & helpful … much appreciated
Sally Kirkman says
Thank you 🙂