Mercury Turns Direct [8 Capricorn 08]
– January 18, 2023 (13:13 GMT)
Communication planet Mercury is about to turn direct after three weeks retrograde. Mercury went into retreat in earth sign Capricorn, the star sign linked to planning and long-term goals, on December 29, 2022.
You may have experienced the usual communication issues over the last three weeks. Or, perhaps you’ve been hibernating and have been enjoying a communion with spirit or your inner self.
When Mercury’s retrograde, you’re playing a waiting game and information is hidden from you. Mercury’s change of direction can bring news to light and reveal clarity & understanding. The way ahead comes into form.
Mercury turning direct may bring clarity but there’s another factor involved. On the same day, January 18th, there’s a powerful Sun/Pluto conjunction at 28° Capricorn, near the end of the star sign. This combination can flag up an ending and Pluto can be a destructive force.
Therefore, Mercury’s switch in direction could reveal what you can and can’t do and which doors are closed to you. Someone may say no to you during this Mercury direct phase. Alternatively, you need to say no to someone else.
The Sun/Pluto conjunction in Capricorn means business. This is a power combination, resilient and strong. Once you have key information at hand, this may be the time to be resolute and step into your power.
Also, talk planet Mercury will meet Pluto on February 10th. This is the last time a personal planet will meet Pluto in Capricorn before Pluto enters Aquarius on March 28th. This could coincide with a definitive move in your life, a time to issue an ultimatum or speak powerfully.
As Pluto’s been in Capricorn since 2008, this is major. Admittedly, Pluto will return to Capricorn from June 2023 to January 2024 and there will be one final Sun-Pluto conjunction on January 20, 2024.
Yet, something may be coming to an end right now. Or, you find the power you need to dig deep and stand firm.
Here are the all-important Mercury retrograde dates & degrees:
- December 12: Mercury shadow period began – Mercury at 8° Capricorn.
- December 29: (09:31 GMT): Mercury turned retrograde [24 Capricorn 21]
- January 7: Sun conjunct Mercury retrograde – cazimi moment – mid-way point
- January 18: (13:13 GMT): Mercury turns direct [08 Capricorn 08]
- February 7: Mercury shadow period ends – Mercury at 24° Capricorn.
- February 10: Mercury conjunct Pluto [28 Capricorn 58]
The shadow phase is when Mercury is back at the same degree in the zodiac where it turned retrograde. This could prove to be a significant turning point regarding this week’s events and what occurs.
What Mercury Retrograde Is Good For
Use the Mercury direct phase to your advantage:
- try again – second chances are a classic Mercury direct theme
- sort out any misunderstandings
- consider what Mercury retrograde taught you, i.e. where are you wasting your time?
- speak your mind
- initiate a conversation
- write a list – keep it short, deal with what’s most important or urgent in your life
- do what you say you will, recommit to a promise
- handle any technological or transport issues
- plug back in, renew your energy & focus
- issue an ultimatum
What It Means For You
This is where Mercury will be turning direct in your horoscope. Read both your Sun sign and Ascendant sign:
- Capricorn – personal goals/aims, identity, image & self-perception
- Aquarius– inner work, spiritual retreat, caring for self & others
- Pisces – friends, groups, politics, social causes
- Aries – career & vocation, status & reputation, future goals
- Taurus– exploration, study, the bigger picture
- Gemini – joint finances & shared resources, all things hidden & taboo
- Cancer – relationships, personal & professional, contracts
- Leo – work & routine, lifestyle & health, service to others
- Virgo – children & creativity, love affairs & luck, fun & play
- Libra – home & family, the past, your legacy, where you come from
- Scorpio – communication, siblings, neighbours, your community
- Sagittarius – money & assets, values & self-worth
If you would like to receive weekly horoscopes so you know what to expect & keep up-to-date with the latest astrology, you can join my subscription service here: Weekly Horoscopes. Be in flow with the cycles of nature.