A heads up that we are heading closer to the next Mercury Retrograde phase which takes place from January 30 to February 21, 2021.
In other words, for most of February Mercury is in retreat. Most importantly, Mercury is moving back through Aquarius, where there’s going to be a serious pile-up of planets come mid-February.
Here are the Mercury Retrograde dates & data:
- January 15: Mercury [11 Aquarius] – shadow period begins
- January 30: (15:51 GMT): Mercury turns retrograde [26 Aquarius 29]
- February 8: Sun conjunct Mercury retrograde – half-way point
- February 21: (00:53 GMT): Mercury turns direct [11 Aquarius 02]
- March 13: Mercury [26 Aquarius] – shadow period ends
Mercury spends all this retrograde phase in Aquarius, a sign in which it’s strong. Aquarius is one of the air signs and Mercury rules the mind & communication, it’s a lively, intellectual combination.
When Mercury turns retrograde in Aquarius, this is a good time to get your head down, do research and take the pace slow. Things are not what they seem during Mercury retrograde & new information often comes to light once Mercury turns direct.
What this Mercury retrograde is positive for is to remember the re-words: review, revise, reconsider, reflect, rework, rethink. Here are some more ways of harnessing the Mercury Retrograde planetary energy:
- take a step back & put the big decisions to one side
- give yourself permission to change your mind
- look at life from a fresh perspective – upside down, back-to-front; think outside of the box
- indulge in a media detox – switch off, unplug, step away from the news
- chase up old connections, reconnect with people from your past
- double check everything & keep your options open
- try again where you failed in the past; second chances come highly recommended
- have plans B, C & D up your sleeve
- be flexible, be adaptable, go with the flow & see where life leads
Don’t forget that Mercury Retrograde can trip you up and this is often a time of communication chaos, when appliances go wonky, plans are delayed, it’s hard to get hold of the right people and the world goes slightly crazy – er, yes!
As usual, I’m going to be taking a step back during this Mercury retrograde phase. It’s an ideal time to rest & retreat, read & relax – all those re-words kicking in again.
In the words of the fabulous writer, Anne Lamott: ‘Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including yourself‘.
Here’s a quick reminder of the areas of your life where Mercury is in retreat (and everything’s happening during February!). Read both your Sun sign & your Ascendant sign:
- Aquarius – personal goals/aims, identity, image & self-perception
- Pisces – inner work, spiritual retreat, caring for self & others
- Aries – friends, groups, politics, social causes
- Taurus – career & vocation, status & reputation, future goals
- Gemini – exploration, study, the bigger picture
- Cancer – joint finances & shared resources, all things hidden & taboo
- Leo – relationships, personal & professional, contracts
- Virgo – work & routine, lifestyle & health, service to others
- Libra – children & creativity, love affairs & luck, fun & play
- Scorpio – home & family, the past, your legacy, where you come from
- Sagittarius – communication, siblings, neighbours, your community
- Capricorn – money & assets, values & self-worth