– September 10 to October 2, 2022
Mercury turns retrograde [8 Libra 55] – September 10, 2022 (04:37 GMT+1)
Mercury turns direct [24 Virgo 12] – October 2, 2022 (10:07 GMT+1)
The planet of communication Mercury turns retrograde this weekend. Mercury retrograde phases last for three weeks at a time and take place three times a year. It can be a time when transport & communication chaos kicks in, the weather & the money markets turn extreme, post goes missing & people are more forgetful.
Mercury Retrograde Do’s & Dont’s
What to avoid during Mercury retrograde:
- buying cars/updating technology
- making major decisions or investments
- launching a project/starting something new
- booking important meetings/interviews
- not giving yourself enough time
- because Mercury is hidden from view as it moves from evening star to morning star
- new information often comes to light once Mercury turns direct
- misunderstandings & untruths can occur during Mercury retrograde
What to actively engage with?
- the R-words – reflect, retreat, review, revise, rework, rethink
- research & study, find things out that lie beneath the surface
- take a step back, slow things down so you can listen to your inner voice
- reconnect with people & contacts from your past
- be open to diversions – remember it’s not always about reaching the destination, but enjoying the journey
- be open-minded, keep your options open, go with the flow & see where life leads you
- patience towards self & tolerance of others
What’s so important about this Mercury retrograde phase?
While Mercury is retrograde in Libra, one of the air signs, it’s an ideal time to go back over things, to rethink your plans & options.
Sometimes in life, we’re always busy with the next new thing but don’t dismiss what you’ve worked on in the past or previous ideas that you could rework now. You might find that you can complete a project during this Mercury retrograde phase if you put your mind to it.
Also, as Libra is the star sign of relating, it’s an excellent Mercury retrograde phase to catch up with people from the past or reconnect with an old work contact.
You may have a lot to talk about with someone close to you. Thrash out any new ideas but don’t feel you have to make a big decision until Mercury’s back up to speed in October.
This Mercury retrograde phase takes place in Libra, one of the political signs. And, there’s a lot happening around the world politically, including a recent reshuffle of government here in the UK. A brief rule of thumb is that things will change again once Mercury turns direct on October 2nd.
Mercury leaves Libra and returns to Virgo on September 23rd and this may be an ideal time to get re-organised. Alternatively, return to a previous plan or some writing that you did in the past. It might be a time when you get back to basics and rethink your everyday essentials, your connection with nature.
Take some time out over the next few weeks if you can and take the pace slow.
Mercury’s Planetary Aspects
Mercury is going to make three aspects to two important planets during its back-and-forth retrograde phase. Here’s the pattern which has already kicked in:
- Mercury Libra opposite Jupiter R Aries – September 3 – September 18 – October 12
- Mercury Virgo trine Pluto R Capricorn – August 22 – September 27 – October 7
When Mercury makes an opposition to big planet Jupiter, this is a symbol of big-picture thinking. Both planets are linked to education. During an opposition, you may believe that anything’s possible. However, you’re wise not to get carried away or go over the top. Instead, keep your feet on the ground and be realistic about what you can and can’t achieve.
When Mercury makes a trine aspect to Pluto, this can reveal where you need to go in deeper and find out more. It’s a classic combination for study, research and reading between the lines. Sometimes, what’s hidden beneath the surface can be the missing piece of information.
As Jupiter & Pluto work alongside the inner planets like Mercury, some things might not work out but that creates the space for something new to grow. Ask yourself what you might need to let go of to make the most of new opportunities next month. It could be a belief, an attitude or something tangible.
If you would like astrological wisdom in your inbox every Sunday, my weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter is written for you. Many of my subscribers will tell you it’s the best thing about Sundays and rely on the information & insights in the newsletter to plan their week ahead.
Don’t miss out! You can sign up for my most popular service here: Weekly. Monthly & yearly payment plans available.
Leave a Reply