Mercury enters Scorpio – October 3, 2019 (09:14 GMT+1)
Mercury, the planet of communication, is on the move this week as it enters the water sign of Scorpio, the sign of secrets, mystery, power, taboo issues and all things hidden.
In the depths of Scorpio, Mercury is brilliant for research, studying, detective work, thinking deep, heart-to-hearts and all forms of intense communication.
In the coming weeks, use your mind to explore new realms and have those conversations that really matter. Mercury won’t leave Scorpio until December 9th which means we’re entering in to our next Mercury retrograde phase.
The planet of communication is diving in to the star sign of deep emotions for a lengthy stay. Here’s Mercury’s sequence of events over the next two months.
- Mercury enters Scorpio – October 3, 2019
- Mercury enters its shadow phase – October 12, 2019
- Mercury turns retrograde [27 Scorpio 38] – October 31, 2019
- Sun conjunct Mercury R [18 Scorpio 55] – November 11, 2019
- Mercury turns direct [11 Scorpio 36] – November 20, 2019
- Mercury out of its shadow phase – December 7, 2019
- Mercury leaves Scorpio – December 9, 2019
The most important dates are the Mercury retrograde phase from October 31st until November 20th. This is not the ideal time to sign & seal a contract or make a major decision or investment. Instead, think of this as a phase to ‘be’ more rather than ‘do’ more.
Once Mercury turns retrograde, then it’s time to turn your thoughts inward. You may find you’re playing a waiting game and have to be patient. Get ready to play a strategic game or go backwards and retrace your steps.
Mercury in Scorpio is a navel-gazing combination, a time for soul-searching, research and donning your detective hat. Mercury retrograde in Scorpio is an opportunity to delve deep into personal growth and transformational activities.
Some people will be waxing lyrical, others engaged in deep philosophical thought and the odd few will be so introspective that communication may be scarce.
Secrets may be uncovered or withheld while Mercury penetrates deep within the sign of Scorpio and there’ll be more than one puzzle or mystery to unravel.
You may find it hard to voice what you feel or fully understand what you’re thinking. Yet, be willing to enter into unknown territory and listen carefully for insight and new perceptions. Here are the areas of your life where Mercury’s going in deep:
- Scorpio – personal goals & self image
- Sagittarius – solitude & secrets
- Capricorn – friends & wider society
- Aquarius – career & status
- Pisces – travel & study
- Aries – joint finances & sexuality
- Taurus – love & relationships
- Gemini – job & health
- Cancer – birth i.e. kids, romance, creative project
- Leo – home & family
- Virgo – local community & ideas
- Libra – money & values
Mercury in Scorpio’s gifts may be hidden at first but they’re usually worth digging a little deeper for.