Mercury turns direct – February 21, 2021 (00:53)
Hooray, hoorah, tra-la-la, the planet which rules communication, post, transport and trade, Mercury, turns direct this weekend. Expect new information to come to light, sort out any misunderstandings and, whatever’s gone wrong in your life over the last three weeks, it’s the perfect time to try and fix it.
As previously mentioned during Mercury retrograde phases, extreme weather often kicks in. We had the ‘Beast from the East’ here in the UK and here’s hoping that those of you in Texas have your power switched back on.
There may be important news that’s revealed as Mercury switches direction in the zodiac. This could be related to events close to the New Moon in Aquarius – February 11th – new information or truth that comes to light.
Dates & Degrees
For those of you who like to know the astrology, here are the relevant dates/degrees:
- Mercury entered its shadow phase – January 15, 2021
- Mercury turned retrograde [26 Aquarius 29] – January 30, 2021
- Mercury turns direct [11 Aquarius 02] – February 21, 2021
- Mercury out of shadow – March 12, 2021
The shadow phase is when Mercury is back at the same degree in the zodiac at which it turned retrograde. Sometimes, the ‘shadow’ dates can be relevant to what’s happening.
Personally, I prefer using the retrograde and direct dates. Turning points can be extra-significant for you if you have key planets/angles within 1-2 degrees of the retrograde & direct degrees – see above.
What To Do Next
- try again – second chances are a classic Mercury direct theme
- sort out any misunderstandings
- consider what Mercury retrograde taught you, i.e. where are you wasting your time?
- speak up
- initiate a conversation
- start a new project, idea, plan
- write a list – keep it short, deal with what’s most important or urgent in your life
- do what you say you will, recommit to a promise
- handle any technological or transport issues
- grab someone’s attention
- plug back in, renew your energy & focus
What It Means For You
Here are the areas of your life under the spotlight now Mercury is beginning to move forward once again. Read both your Sun sign and Ascendant sign:
- Aquarius: image & body, reputation & appearance, personal goals
- Pisces: retreat, solitude, quiet time, sacrifice, inner work
- Aries: friends, groups, wider society, politics
- Taurus: career, reputation & status, future goals
- Gemini: travel, education, philosophy & beliefs
- Cancer: joint finances & shared resources, all that’s hidden & taboo
- Leo: relationships, personal & professional, your 1-to-1 negotiations
- Virgo: work & routine, health & lifestyle, your well-being
- Libra: your ‘fun’ sector: love affairs, children & pregnancy, creative projects, entertainment
- Scorpio: home & family, your past & ancestry
- Sagittarius: communication, local community, transport
- Capricorn: personal money sector, possessions, values
Once Mercury is direct, switch back on!