Mars In Aries – June 28, 2020 to January 6, 2021
Mars is fiery and furious in its sign of rulership, Aries. The red planet that rules anger and action is currently strong in Aries: the strident activist, the daring hero, the martial arts expert. This Mars knows what it wants and is out to get it.
Mars in Aries is fast, direct and takes no prisoners. This is great news if you need to be assertive, make things happen, take charge. However, it’s worth noting that Mars is going to be in the first sign of the zodiac for an unusually long time.
This is because Mars turns retrograde in Aries from September 9 to November 13, 2020. This is really important to note, especially if you are a Mars type, i.e. an Aries or Scorpio or you have Mars strong in your birth chart.
When Mars is firing on all cylinders and in forward motion, act fast, get things moving, be strong& pro-active, get fit.
When Mars is in retreat, be prepared to put on the brakes, slow things down and rework your strategy. Mars retrograde is the time to recharge your batteries before you do battle once again. Sometimes, when Mars is retrograde, you get frustrated or feel powerless. You’re not the one in control.
Where Is Mars?
For everyone, this Mars transit is going to be super-powerful as it’s charged with strident, forceful energy. Therefore, know where Mars is going to fall in your horoscope and which areas of your life it’s triggering from now until the beginning of 2021. Here’s a quick guide. Read both your Sun sign & Ascendant sign:
- Aries: Your physical energy, your image & appearance, personal goals
- Taurus: Your inner journey & spiritual path, your inner vitality
- Gemini: Friendships & groups, your involvement in society, politics, world events
- Cancer: Career & vocation, your status & reputation, your role in the public eye
- Leo: Education; travel & new experiences, where you find meaning in life
- Virgo: Joint finances, money you share with other people, savings & debt, your sex life
- Libra: Relationships, both personal & professional, contracts, your 1-to-1’s
- Scorpio: Your job & everyday lifestyle, your health, service to others
- Sagittarius: Your creativity, children, fun & entertainment, love affairs
- Capricorn: Home & property matters, your family, your past & where you come from
- Aquarius: All forms of communication, your local community, siblings & neighbours
- Pisces: Money & personal possessions, what you value in life, your self-worth
This is by no means going to be an easy run for Mars through Aries. In its first month in Aries, Mars clashes with communication planet Mercury on July 8th & July 27th which feels argumentative. It also ignites Chiron in Aries on July 14th, reopening old wounds.
And, Mars has to run the gauntlet of the three big players in 2020, Jupiter, Saturn & Pluto in Capricorn. These will be square aspects, a clash, a conflict – see key dates below. I think it’s fair to say we can expect more protests in the second half of the year as tempers flare and passions rise.
- Mars Aries square Jupiter R Capricorn – August 4, 2020
- Mars Aries square Pluto R Capricorn – August 13, 2020
- Mars Aries square Saturn R Capricorn – August 24, 2020
- Mars R Aries square Saturn Capricorn – September 29, 2020
- Mars R Aries square Pluto Capricorn – October 9, 2020
- Mars R square Jupiter Capricorn – October 19, 2020
- Mars square Pluto Capricorn – December 23, 2020
On a personal level, use Mars in Aries for the force of good. Stand up for your rights and what you believe in. The God of War is in pole position; the role of the individual matters.
Avoid the hot-spot dates above to confront authority or to try and make your mark. Rein in impulsive behaviour and don’t do anything dangerous or foolhardy when Mars is out of control.
Do get fit and strong during Mars’ transit through Aries and use Mars’ power to create a power surge in your life. It’s forceful planetary energy when channelled well.