Full Moon [8 Virgo 57]
– February 27 2021 (08:17 GMT)
This is a Full Moon weekend when the Sun in Pisces opposes the Moon in Virgo. The King & Queen of the planetary line-up gaze at one another from different sides of the zodiac.
Virgo v. Pisces
During the Virgo Full Moon, there’s often a sense of busy-ness, when you want or need to be productive and get things done – Virgo’s realm. Yet, at this Full Moon, the Sun is joined by Venus in Pisces, the planet of love, art & beauty.
You can imagine the Sun & Venus whispering to the Moon in Virgo across the zodiac – give in, surrender, let go.
What will bring you fulfilment now? You may choose to devote yourself to a creative, romantic, spiritual or caring activity this weekend. You may choose to let go and rest deeply and find a spa bath, a warm sea or a fantasy world to lose yourself in.
Whereas Virgo’s ruling planet Mercury enjoys the busyness of the mind, Pisces’ modern ruler Neptune wants to go with the flow, be intuitive and tap into the sensitivity of nature through dreams and imagination, not words.
Both points of the Virgo/Pisces axis are highlighted now. Through the confusion of ideas, thoughts and feelings which emerge, your goal is to find a route to clarity, efficiency, order.
Yet, there might be another way, one that’s connected to not knowing, being willing to go wherever life leads, to surrender to life rather than try to direct it the way you choose.
The Law of Opposites
Opposite signs in the zodiac have opposite natures and they can learn from each other. Virgo is the sign of analysis, excellent at paying attention to detail. At its best, a perfectionist, orderly & precise; at its worst, a worrier, overly critical & demanding.
At this Full Moon of order (Virgo) v. confusion (Pisces), perfectionism (Virgo) v. go with the flow (Pisces), the first step is to consider what you could let go of, which decisions you can postpone for a while, what’s urgent, what’s not.
There are times when you need to actively download your mind, to stop, to empty out. How can you slow down, relax, chill out? Any activity where you can stop the chatter in your head and tap into your intuitive instinctive nature could be of huge benefit.
While the Full Moon is in Virgo, do get your life in order, attend to your diet, tweak your daily habits, stick to your deadline but don’t try and order your life so meticulously that there’s no room for flow and ease.
If you’re trying to ‘do it all’, this is the ideal weekend to look at ways of doing things differently. Find your flow.
Here are the areas in your own life which are highlighted by this Full Moon. Read both your Sun sign & Ascendant sign:
- Aries: Retreat & recuperation v. work, service, health & fitness
- Taurus: Friends, groups & networks v. self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs
- Gemini: Career & vocation v. home & family
- Cancer: Travel & exploration v. busyness close to home, neighbours & siblings
- Leo: Other peoples’ money & joint resources v. personal possessions & values
- Virgo: Relationships & one-on-one partnership v. personal goals & self care
- Libra: Work, service, health & fitness v. retreat & recuperation
- Scorpio: Self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs v. friends, groups & networks
- Sagittarius: Home & family v. career & vocation
- Capricorn: Busyness close to home, neighbours & siblings v. travel & exploration
- Aquarius: Personal possessions & values v. other peoples’ money & joint resources
- Pisces: Personal goals & self care v. relationships & one-on-one partnership