FULL MOON [8 Taurus 38]
London: October 31, 2020 – (14:49 GMT)
New York: October 31, 2020 – (10:49 GMT -4)
Sydney: November 1, 2020 – (01:49 GMT +11)
Emotional & Financial Security
Traditionally, the Taurus Full Moon is about security, both financial and emotional. The earth sign Taurus is inextricably linked with nature and abundance.
There’s a constancy to nature and the earth sustains, feeds and comforts us. Daily routines, walking in nature, food & treats, sensual pleasures, indulgence – these are all connected to Taurus’ earthy delights.
The Full Moon brings the Moon’s cycle to completion. Usually, it helps to bring clarity, a chance to settle, consolidate and make decisions. The Moon is dependable and sure in Taurus and rules with a steady hand.
However, this Full Moon is special for two reasons. Firstly, it’s a Blue Moon which conjures up magic & a sense of wonder. The Moon won’t actually be blue during this Full Moon phase. This simply means it’s the second Full Moon within one calendar month. The first took place on October 1, 2020.
Yet, there is a sense of magic and bewitchment about this Full Moon because it falls on Halloween, Samhain and Day of the Dead. This is Scorpio season, a spooky time of year when the veils between worlds are at their thinnest. Many cultures around the world honour the dead and remember their ancestors during these special occasions.
The Extra Factor
There’s another reason, however, why this Full Moon packs a punch and that concerns the unpredictable planet, Uranus. During the actual time of the Full Moon, Uranus is within 3′ arc of the Moon, super close.
Therefore, Uranus themes dominate this ‘safe harbour’ Full Moon in Taurus. And Uranus themes are about rebellion, breaking free, splitting off from someone or something. It’s an exciting planetary energy but connected to the unexpected, ‘out of the blue’ events that you didn’t see coming.
You could find that things go topsy turvy during this Full Moon phase. You may have a sense that you’re beginning something completely new and different in your life. You may do something wild, crazy, spontaneous as your instincts kick in. One way or another, Uranus indicates change and the desire to break out of a rut.
Here are the areas highlighted by this Full Moon. Read your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign if you know it:
- Aries – personal finances, possessions – other peoples’ money, money owed
- Taurus – image, self-identity, personal goals – relationships, other people
- Gemini – retreat, secrets, self-undoing – work, service, health
- Cancer – friends, groups, society – children, creativity, romance
- Leo – work, status, responsibility – home, family
- Virgo – travel, study, exploration – communication, neighbours, siblings
- Libra – other peoples’ money, money owed – personal finances, possessions
- Scorpio – relationships, other people – image, self-identity, personal goals
- Sagittarius – work, service, health – retreat, secrets, self-undoing
- Capricorn – children, creativity, romance – friends, groups, society
- Aquarius – home, family – work, status, responsibility
- Pisces – communication, neighbours, siblings, local neighbourhood – travel, study, exploration
Remember that the Full Moon is an opposition so it’s about balancing the different areas of your life, how you allow them to complement each other and work together in unison, rather than create division or enmity.
Seek out your own ‘safe harbour’ during this powerful Full Moon energy. It’s time to return to basic values, keep your feet on the ground, take solace in nature which keeps the cycle of life going.
Do whatever’s necessary in your own life so you feel settled within. Become centred and find strength and solace in everyday pleasures, treats & abundance.
And, if you feel the lure of Uranus or encounter Uranus’ power, you may be able to do nothing else but go with it.