Full Moon [25 Sagittarius 53]
London – June 17, 2019 (09:31 GMT +1)
New York – June 17, 2019 (04:31 GMT -4)
Sydney – Jun 17, 2019 (18:31 GMT + 10)
If all goes well, I will be sitting on a beach in Italy watching this weekend’s Full Moon – it will be at its fullest on Sunday night. During last month’s Full Moon, I was in the UK with cloudy skies, as friends from Greece & Spain sent me gorgeous photos of the Scorpio Full Moon.
I’m hoping for clear skies in Italy along with an aperitif or two. This is the perfect Full Moon to be abroad as it falls in Sagittarius, the sign of the traveller. If you’re not visiting distant places, then use this glorious Full Moon energy to dream, explore and plan ahead.
This week’s Full Moon is part of the moon cycle which began with the New Moon two weeks earlier on June 3, 2019. The fortnight between the New Moon and Full Moon favours growth, action, new plans and ideas.
Once the Full Moon culminates in the night sky, there’s time to pause and contemplate how far you’ve come. What is complete in your life, where is praise and acknowledgement due and what have you achieved?
During this Full Moon, the Sun and Moon oppose each other across the Gemini/Sagittarius axis. Both signs are youthful and spirited, linked to education, knowledge and travel. Be informed during this Full Moon, expand your learning and seek out meaning and purpose in life. Gemini’s curiosity stirs Sagittarius’ vision, its ability to look ahead, to see the bigger picture and make future plans.
During the Full Moon phase, the light of the Moon shines brightly on any situation, and you can align head and heart to make an intuitive decision with clarity. This Full Moon is powerful for celebration as Sagittarius is a star sign that knows how to let go and live life to the full.
Sagittarius’ ruling planet is Jupiter, the biggest planet, adding to Sagittarius’ love of life. Having Jupiter, the planet of luck and good fortune as your ruling planet is a good thing and Sagittarius is a star sign that makes a natural entrepreneur. They are enthusiastic risk-takers, visionaries and their optimistic nature means they trust and have faith, they believe in luck. Use this Full Moon to make some clever moves in your own life.
The planet of truth and justice, Jupiter, strives for a better world. It represents the law, publishing, the media, religion, philosophy and the higher mind. Jupiter is currently caught up in a dynamic planetary pattern with Saturn & Neptune. You can read more about this here: What Are You Hoping For?
This is a powerful time to trust where life is leading you. Now’s not the time to play small or stay put if you want to spread your wings. Sagittarius encourages big moves, freedom and adventure. Find yourself a wide open vista and allow your thoughts to wander and dream.
Also, events now could be connected to a turning point back in April. This is because on April 10, 2019, Jupiter turned retrograde at 24 Sagittarius, close to this week’s Full Moon degree. If you have key planets/angles on or around this point in the zodiac, you may feel fired up and ready for action. This applies to 24 degrees of the three fire signs, Aries, Leo, Sagittarius and the three air signs, Gemini, Libra, Aquarius.
Plus, in two months’ time, Jupiter turns direct in Sagittarius on August 11, 2019. So, there’s a possible connection between this Full Moon and Jupiter’s turning points. Notice what’s happening in your own life now and whether Jupiter’s movements could prove synchronous for you.
Here are the areas of your life under the cosmic radar during this week’s Full Moon in Sagittarius:
- Sagittarius – image, self-identity, personal goals – relationships, other people, a third party
- Capricorn – retreat, secrets, self-undoing – work, service, health, lifestyle
- Aquarius – friends, groups, society, politics – children, creativity, entertainment, love affairs
- Pisces – work, status, responsibility, future goals – home, family, past
- Aries – travel, study, beliefs, higher purpose – communication, neighbours, siblings
- Taurus – other peoples’ money, debt, taboo issues – personal finances, possessions, values
- Gemini – relationships, other people, a third party – image, self-identity, personal goals
- Cancer – work, service, health, lifestyle – retreat, secrets, self-undoing
- Leo – children, creativity, entertainment, love affairs – friends, groups, society, politics
- Virgo – home, family, past – work, status, responsibility, future goals
- Libra – communication, neighbours, siblings, local neighbourhood – travel, study, beliefs, higher purpose
- Scorpio – personal finances, possessions, values – other peoples’ money, debt, taboo issues
Happy Full Moon – may it be joyful and meaningful for you