LUNAR ECLIPSE [8 Gemini 38]
November 30, 2020 (09:30 GMT)
This month’s Full Moon is a Lunar Eclipse, when the light of the Moon is ‘eclipsed’ in its relationship with the Sun & Earth. During a Lunar Eclipse, the Sun & Moon are at opposite sides of the zodiac, the Moon in Gemini & the Sun in Sagittarius.
A shadow is thrown during an eclipse which is why eclipse symbolism is said to be ‘shadowy’ & hidden. Once the shadow lifts, the eclipse brings what’s hidden to light or sheds a new perspective on a current situation.
Traditionally, you’re wise to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action and it’s not a good date to choose to undertake a major project.
For some people, this could be the right time to clear the air, to get issues out in the open, to start the conversation moving, albeit dramatically. If you’re looking for an awakening, here it comes. Eclipses are often signposts, turning points in your life. They are significators of change.
Eclipses are linked to endings and beginnings. One door closes and a new door opens, someone or something is ‘eclipsed’. Sometimes, the timing can be exact and events prove dramatic. Other times, there’s barely a flutter.
Alternatively, this week’s eclipse may trigger a slow course of change as a series of small events move you in a new direction from now up until the end of this eclipse cycle in December 2021. Or, things will get activated on the Solar Eclipse in two weeks time during the New Moon phase on December 14, 2020.
This eclipse is part of an eclipse cycle which cuts across the Gemini/Sagittarius axis of the zodiac. These two star signs are ruled by Mercury & Jupiter respectively.
They represent schools, education, language, foreign connections, travel, the media & the law, also religion. They are about communication, data and the flow of information. These are the areas where change will be rapid.
Eclipse cycles re-occur approximately every 18-19 years. The last eclipse cycle here was December 2001 to November 2003, the previous one was June 1982 to December 1984.
This is important for you if you’re one of the mutable star signs, Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces. Also, if the eclipses impact on key angles or planets in your birth chart. Use a 2 degree orb. Here’s the full eclipse cycle:
- Lunar Eclipse [15 Sagittarius 34] – June 5 2020
- Lunar Eclipse [8 Gemini 38] – November 30 2020
- Solar Eclipse [23 Sagittarius 08] – December 14 2020
- Lunar Eclipse [5 Sagittarius 26] – May 26 2021
- Solar Eclipse [19 Gemini 47] – June 10 2021
- Solar Eclipse [12 Sagittarius 22] – December 4 2021
This month’s Lunar Eclipse is completing a cycle that began on the New Moon in Gemini on May 22, 2020. Two weeks later there was the first Lunar Eclipse in this cycle on June 5, 2020. Think back to this period in your life to see what issues are arising or what may be coming to completion in your life.
In the world, this was a pivotal time as the death of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 triggered huge protests around the world in the Black Lives Matter movement.
The star signs Gemini & Sagittarius are linked to ideas & ideology, issues around race, urging us all to challenge our thought patterns, to reconsider our viewpoints, our beliefs, our values.
Full Moons are often linked to heightened emotions. You may feel more dramatic, tempestuous or overflowing with emotion during the Full Moon period. This Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse is made more potent by the fact that Neptune turns direct the day before, November 29, 2020.
Neptune is stationing at 18 degrees Pisces and doesn’t leave this point in the zodiac from early October 2020 through to late January 2021.
If you have key planets/angles close to 18 degrees especially of the four mutable signs, Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces, you may have ‘all the feels’ during this Full Moon Eclipse/Neptune weekend.
Neptune was God of the Sea in mythology and this is a watery influence in Pisces linked to crying, wine, outpourings of compassion & boundless emotion.
Honour The Moon
You could experience some profound insights this weekend. As this is a Full Moon eclipse, listen to your intuition and slow down the pace. Consider your inner voice, the messages that life’s sending you.
Be patient and questioning and be aware that emotions are running high. This is a time of powerful energy in the cosmos and you may be in the midst of some powerful change and transformation, whether inner or outer.
This eclipse will be a partial eclipse, i.e. it will only cover a portion of the Moon. You won’t see it at all if you’re in the UK and other parts of the world, as it occurs in the daytime. Even if it does fall at night-time, e.g. in the Americas, it will still be barely visible. You may sense it, rather than see it.
It remains, however, powerful eclipse energy and the Full Moon will light the dark night sky. Also, look out for Mars which remains bright until the end of the year, although its red glare peaked in October 2020. Mars won’t be far from the Full Moon over the next few nights.
Key Areas To Note
Here’s a guide to the areas of your life where you may experience the theme of endings and beginnings. Or, you’re being called forth on a path of change & transformation. Read both your Sun sign & your Ascendant sign:
- Gemini & Sagittarius: 1st/7th houses – RELATIONSHIPS/IDENTITY – your image & appearance, personal goals, your identity; love & relationships, significant others, agreements & conflicts, contracts & joint ventures
- Cancer/Capricorn: 12th/6th houses – WORK/LIFESTYLE – retreat, quiet, solitude, a spiritual path; your health & work, what you sacrifice for others, being of service
- Aquarius & Leo: 11th/5th houses – SOCIAL GROUPS/SELF-EXPRESSION – your friends, groups, politics & social issues; your children, creativity, love affairs, what you ‘give birth to’.
- Pisces & Virgo: 10th/4th houses – FOUNDATIONS/FUTURE PATH – your career & vocation, your status & reputation, where you’re heading in life; your home & family, your past & roots, where you come from.
- Aries & Libra: 3rd/9th houses – LEARNING/BELIEFS – your education, neighbours & siblings, how you communicate; the bigger picture, travel, philosophy, religion, where you find meaning in life.
- Taurus & Scorpio: 2nd/8th houses – MONEY/SELF-WORTH – money, possessions, where your values lie; your joint finances, your sexuality, all things hidden, the unconscious, the metaphysical realm.
If you would like to receive weekly horoscopes so you know what to expect & keep up-to-date with the latest astrology, you can join my subscription service here: Weekly Horoscopes. Be in the flow & keep one step ahead.
Leave a Reply