FULL MOON [28 Leo 00]
London: February 16, 2022 – (16:56 GMT)
New York: February 16, 2022 – (11:56 GMT-5)
Sydney: February 17, 2022 – (03:56 GMT+11)
Full Moons are traditionally a time of celebration and this week’s Full Moon Leo feels like a good time to seek enjoyment & pleasure and do more of what you love. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, this Full Moon falls in fire sign Leo and the fire signs are renowned for play, fun and spontaneity.
The Moon is the only planetary body dipping in and out of the fire signs throughout February – Aries, Leo & Sagittarius. The fire signs bring motivation & pleasure your way.
The Full Moon in Leo is a reminder to seek joy and focus on the positives & benefits in life. It’s an ideal time to take centre stage and give yourself a confidence boost.
Venus conjunct Mars
There’s another reason why this Full Moon feels special and that’s because on the same day, there’s a Venus-Mars conjunction. The lovers of the heavens unite twice this year, once on February 16th & again on March 6th.
The Venus/Mars conjunction marks the union of the two planets that represent your love nature [Venus] and your sex drive [Mars]. Therefore, love and sex might be on your mind more than usual this week – it is Valentines Day week after all.
For all you lovers out there, this feels powerful and important so don’t let this romantic week pass by unannounced or unnoticed. Keep love in the dark and it has nowhere to shine.
Of course, it’s not just about love & sex but Venus & Mars were lovers in mythology. This conjunction brings a unity of the feminine & masculine, yin & yang energies working in unison.
This is a strong combination for business alliances and joint ventures too, as the conjunction takes place at 16 degrees of the earth sign Capricorn.
A Passionate Full Moon
Leo is the star sign where the Sun is as it’s best, big-hearted and proud. This is a giving combination so if you want to make an impression, show your love and be generous. It’s a wonderful day for a proposal, making a commitment and wearing your heart on your sleeve.
If you’re single and whether you’re looking for love or not, make the most of this fun-loving Full Moon in the party sign of Leo and celebrate life and the love that’s around you. Love comes in many guises; seek out the places and people where your passion and heart lie and there you’ll find love.
Make time to honour the light of the Moon during its fullness, an ideal point in the month to trust your intuition and make clear decisions.
Here’s where this week’s Full Moon is lighting up your life. Read both your Sun & Ascendant signs:
- Leo – image, self-identity, personal goals: relationships, contracts, other people
- Virgo – retreat, secrets, inner work: work, service, health
- Libra – friends, groups, society: children, creativity, romance
- Scorpio – work, status, responsibility: home, family
- Sagittarius – travel, study, exploration: communication, neighbours, siblings
- Capricorn – other peoples’ money, money owed: personal finances, possessions
- Aquarius – relationships, contracts, other people: image, self-identity, personal goals
- Pisces – work, service, health: retreat, secrets, inner work
- Aries – children, creativity, romance: friends, groups, society
- Taurus – home, family: work, status, responsibility
- Gemini – communication, neighbours, siblings, local neighbourhood: travel, study, exploration
- Cancer – personal finances, possessions: other peoples’ money, money owed
Remember that the Full Moon is an opposition so it’s about balancing the different areas of your life, how you allow them to complement each other and work together in unison, rather than create division or enmity.
Leave a Reply