NEW MOON [23 Pisces 04]
– March 13 2021 (10:21 GMT)
We are currently in the dark phase of the month, the days before the New Moon, which brings a new lunar cycle. Traditionally, this period before the New Moon is a time for rest and retreat, to go deep, turn inwards and stop awhile before you set off on a new path.
This is an important phase in the month which is often missed. If you’re someone who’s used to being busy or you’re juggling countless roles in life, time for contemplation and reflection may be hard to come by. Try not to miss this out, even if the time you’re able to stop is brief.
Moondark is one of the names for this quiet time, the period before a new cycle begins. This is when you can pause and look at what you need in order to replenish your energy and let go of tension, emotion or stuff that weighs you down. Complete the cycle fully and you step into the future feeling lighter and unburdened.
The New Moon phase begins at the weekend on March 13th. Pisces is the last sign in the zodiac. Therefore, even though this is the New Moon stage, it’s not primarily a time for action, rather release and surrender.
Pisces’ nature is boundless and, when the planets gather here, you can lose yourself in a good way. Push back the boundaries of life, explore what’s possible and what lies beyond possibility. Be open to whatever life brings your way.
This is an especially beautiful New Moon in Pisces as it falls conjunct Venus (art, beauty, love) & Neptune (romance, imagination, dreams). There could be some truly inspirational and beautiful ideas and creativity which emerge during this New Moon phase.
Here are some ideas on how to make the most of this New Moon, a symbol of new beginnings.
1. Set your intentions. Write them down, whisper them to the universe.
2. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky a couple of days after the New Moon date. When you first catch a glimpse, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
3. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’. Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon two weeks later.
4. Switch off digitally, daydream, wander, meander and tap in to your imagination. Be by the sea, float in the bath, give in to life. Meditate, be quiet.
5. Get a tarot reading, visit an astrologer. Use your psychic skills and your powers of intuition. Ignore the rational realm. Instead, use visualisation, magic & mystery to move instinctually through life.
6. Take care of others, look after small pets and help out people in need. Visit someone in hospital or prison. Be compassionate, caring and kind.
7. Tap in to the collective unconscious and be sensitive to the suffering in the world without losing yourself. Feel your emotions and connect with your heart.
8. Be a romantic. Fall in love, listen to music that stirs your soul, visit an art gallery, take photographs. Seek beauty in the world during this most beautiful New Moon in Pisces.
If you want to dive deep into astrology with me as your guide, please check out my weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter. It lands in your inbox every Sunday morning so you’re ready and prepared for the week ahead. Annual & monthly subscriptions available. Click here to join: Weekly.
Leave a Reply