New Moon [21 Taurus 18]
London – May 11, 2021 (20:00 GMT+1)
New York – May 11, 2021 (15:00 GMT-4)
Sydney – May 12, 2021 (05:00 GMT+10)
New Moon alert! It’s that time of the month when we await a new lunar cycle which begins with the New Moon. This New Moon is possibly one of the best of the year. This is because it takes place in Taurus, a sign that’s much loved by the Moon. It’s thought of as a ‘safe harbour’.
Plus, this New Moon stands alone, supported by helpful planetary aspects. The Sun and Moon sit side by side in the zodiac, the perfect team; the King (Sun) and Queen (Moon) of the sky, the Sun ruling the day and the Moon the night.
7 top tips on how to make the most of the Taurus New Moon
1. Set your intentions for the month ahead. Launch a project, start something new. The best time to do this is a day or two after the New Moon when the New Moon energy kicks in. The following fortnight is great for being pro-active and taking the initiative in all areas.
2. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky on May 12th/13th. When you first catch a glimpse of the Moon, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
3. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’.
Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon in two weeks. This is doubly advantageous because Taurus is the sign that rules money so make the most of this potentially abundant New Moon.
4. Be in nature, garden & grow fruit & vegetables. Taurus is one of the earth signs so revel in simple pleasures, the glory and beauty of nature that’s all around you. Stop what you’re doing, sit or walk outside, give thanks for the constancy of nature
5. Sing, be cheerful. Taurus rules the throat and there are many amazing Taurus singers with unique voices. Adele (b. May 5 1988) is a great example. Sing in a choir, sing to your children, sing in the shower.
6. Eat, drink and be merry. Taurus is one of the sensual earth signs linked to food and produce. So make this a special New Moon and savour good food, enjoy good company and share in good times. If you’re a budding chef, knock up a special meal for your loved ones. Be happy.
7. Tend to the earth. Taurus is a slow and steady earth sign but the planet of revolution and innovation, Uranus, is also in Taurus. Take care of the environment, use less of the earth’s resources and be more thoughtful about your waste.
Here’s a quick guide to the areas of your life that are highlighted during the New Moon. Read both your Sun & Ascendant sign:
- Aries – money & values
- Taurus – personal goals & self image
- Gemini – solitude & secrets
- Cancer – friends & wider society
- Leo – career & status
- Virgo – travel & study
- Libra – joint finances & sexuality
- Scorpio – love & relationships
- Sagittarius – job & health
- Capricorn – birth i.e. kids, romance, creative project
- Aquarius – home & family
- Pisces – local community & ideas
Wishing you happiness and abundance on a glorious New Moon in Taurus.
Don’t miss out on the weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter. It lands in your inbox every Sunday morning so you’re ready & prepared for the week ahead. Sign up here: Weekly.
Leave a Reply