Solar Eclipse [10 Taurus 28]
April 30, 2022 (21:28 GMT+1)
On the last day of April, a Solar Eclipse takes place. This is a New Moon and, depending where you live in the world, the second New Moon this month. The first took place on April 1st.
When there are two New Moons in one calendar month, the second New Moon is termed a Black Moon & this time around, it’s a Solar Eclipse.
Just like a New Moon, a Solar Eclipse is a powerful symbol of new beginnings. The Sun & Moon sit close to Uranus during the Solar Eclipse, the planet of change, sudden twists & turns. As with all eclipses, a shadow falls as the unexpected kicks in. It’s only when the shadow lifts that a new landscape is revealed.
This Solar Eclipse is part of the eclipse cycle that began in November 2021 & completes in October 2023. The eclipses cut across the Taurus/Scorpio axis linked to money, power, production, ownership, fertility, sex & all things hidden and taboo.
As with all New Moons, this one is important for setting intentions and sowing seeds and is particularly powerful for inner work. Yet, don’t rush into new beginnings unless they’re too good to miss out on – see Venus-Jupiter below. Traditionally, you’re wise to wait for a couple of days. See what emerges at the start of next week.
This eclipse is powerful pulsating energy. Eclipses are closely linked to the nodes in astrology, karmic points linked to fate & destiny. This is why eclipses can coincide with turning points as life steps in to move you in a new direction.
This eclipse is most important if you have key planets or angles close to 10 Taurus. Yet, wherever you find the star sign Taurus in your horoscope, this is where you have a powerful beam of energy or light. Trust your intuition & instincts & look out for synchronicities close to the eclipse date.
Venus conjunct Jupiter [27 Pisces 57]
April 30, 2022 (21:14 GMT+1)
Eclipses can swing both ways – they can coincide with miracles & synchronicities, also crisis & the unexpected. There’s real potential, however, for this eclipse to bring something new & remarkable into your life.
What’s interesting about this eclipse is that it’s ruled by Venus. And, at almost the same time as the eclipse, there’s a lucky Venus-Jupiter conjunction taking place at 27 Pisces. The two best planets coming together in a star sign that they love.
Venus rules love & money, art & beauty and Jupiter expands what it touches. Jupiter is the biggest and best planet and represents opportunity and growth, good fortune and hope. This feels auspicious.
It could be especially good news if you have key planets or angles within 1-2 degrees of 27 Pisces but is potentially lovely for everyone. Make the most of this loving vibe, be open to giving and receiving love & abundance. At its best, this is joyful, lucky and inspires the feel-good factor. Together, Venus & Jupiter represent big (Jupiter) love (Venus).
Eclipses nearly always come in pairs and the Lunar Eclipse will take place on May 16th. The May Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse is linked to endings, whether you’re ditching a bad habit or letting go of responsibility & duty or making a tough decision.
Yet, this weekend’s Solar Eclipse could symbolise a new beginning, the seed that gives you the belief and trust to set something new in motion over the subsequent few days.
Here are some key pointers to guide you during eclipse season:
- Eclipses are often concurrent with turning points. This is why they are considered game-changers as they move the goalposts of life. Fundamentally, eclipses are neither positive nor negative. It’s how you perceive and respond to what happens in your life and out in the world that’s important.
- Sometimes, eclipses act as a catalyst for change but you don’t recognise this until later on. Their effect can last a few months after the exact date of the eclipse, even up until the next set of eclipses which will occur in October/November 2022.
- Traditionally, it’s wise to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action or making a big decision. During an eclipse, the karmic nodes, points of destiny in astrology, are pulled into the cosmic dance of the Sun, Moon & Earth. A shadow is thrown as the Sun/Moon/Earth are in close alignment. This is why eclipse symbolism is said to be ‘shadowy’. Once the shadow clears, it brings what’s hidden to light or sheds a new perspective on a current situation.
- A Solar Eclipse is a turbo-charged New Moon, a symbol of new beginnings. However, the beginning often comes into being from an ending as the light emerges from the dark. The eclipse can open a door or a portal in your life inviting you to step through. Pay close attention to the events that occur and listen out for synchronicities around this powerful eclipse.
- There’s debate within astrology about how many degrees you allow for an eclipse. Ideally, it should be within a 2 degree orb of a key planet/angle within your horoscope. Yet, it’s the eclipse cycle that can be most powerful. If the Taurus/Scorpio axis is pivotal in your horoscope, i.e. on an angle or contains numerous planets, you know that you’re in a significant period of change as the wheel of fortune turns.
- This eclipse will be visible primarily at the bottom of the earth. Therefore, it will be ‘eclipsed’, i.e. hidden from most of the world. It’s a partial Solar Eclipse so it won’t be that stunning to behold. It will be mainly visible in the southeastern Pacific and the southern tip of South America.
What It Means For You
On a personal level, see where the Solar Eclipse falls in your birth chart, which house and which area of life, it triggers. Here’s a quick guide – read your Sun sign & Ascendant sign if you know it:
- Taurus: Self, image, name, your identity
- Gemini: Retreat, quiet time, seclusion, service to others, introspection
- Cancer: Friends, groups, social networks, political agendas, hopes & wishes
- Leo: Career, vocation, status, your role in the public eye
- Virgo: Travel, education, learning, your philosophy on life
- Libra: Joint finances, sex, life’s mysteries
- Scorpio: Relationships, your one-to-one’s, both personal & professional
- Sagittarius: Health, work, your everyday lifestyle & routine
- Capricorn: Children, creativity, entertainment, love affairs, luck
- Aquarius: Home, family, your past, where you come from
- Pisces: Communication, siblings, neighbours, your local community
- Aries: Money, resources, your personal values
Older and wiser says
Falls about 8 degrees into my 1st house. The venus-jupiter conjunction of this eclipse will be just separating from a trine to my natal jupiter earlier in the day.
So many major transits recently and yet, so little seems to be happening or coming of it. Chiron return last week. transiting uranus sqauared natal mars yesterday along with node last week. transiting pluto trine itself and sextile jupiter last month.
Transits used to bring major shakeups or change to my life. Now they seem to go by with barely a squeak. Have you seen this happen to anyone else? Any thoughts on why it’s changed?
Sally Kirkman says
Yes, I have. I think there are times in life when the astrology is so relevant as the major life changes come thick and fast and other times when there’s barely a ripple. It reminds me of the sea – big waves followed by calm.
Mamma Mia, it is on my SN, Moon, Jupiter and cusp of 3rd house (11-14 Taurus)…so many bad things has happened until now, possibly due to Uranus square Saturn until now… serious disease in my closest family, massive distress and criticism at work, construction works in my ap building, plumbing problem… war at the door…300km from me.
I do hope something good appears, really
Sally Kirkman says
It sounds really tough, Alice. Sending very best wishes your way.