This week sees the second planetary aspect between two of the slower-moving planets, Saturn and Uranus. This is a clash of the Gods as the old order (Saturn) meets the new order (Uranus) and it’s one of the defining themes of the year.
- Saturn 20 Sagittarius trine Uranus 20 Aries – December 25 2016
- Saturn 26 Sagittarius trine Uranus 26 Aries – May 19 2017
- Saturn 25 Sagittarius trine Uranus 25 Aries – November 11 2017
Saturn has a reputation for being the taskmaster of the heavens and anyone who’s experienced Saturn transits will know they can challenge you. This is the planet of limitation and hardship after all.
Working in sync
Yet this year Saturn is working in sync with Uranus in Aries, exact on the dates mentioned above. At its best this brings the old and the new together to work in unison. Uranus has the potential to unlock Saturn’s limitations and bring something new or alternative to the mix, whilst Saturn can rein in Uranus’ erratic nature so it becomes a rebel with a cause rather than power unharnessed.
Renewal & Reform
On a personal level, this helps you complete what you’ve previously started. If you’ve been working on a major project for most of 2015/2016 whilst Saturn was in Sagittarius, e.g. a study qualification, a legal case, a dream plan, but you encountered an obstacle or block, this is the year you can unlock and transform your situation.
These planetary aspects aren’t about throwing out what you’ve started or beginning again. Instead, this is perfect for renewal, reform, reinventing what you’ve done, reworking a classic.
Be a red apple in a grey world
Look for outside inspiration and help from other sources, e.g. an expert or up-to-date advice. Consider what you’re doing from a fresh perspective and use the internet or technology to discover what’s new. Take a new angle on an old issue to find success. Be progressive, adopt an experimental approach and turn what’s ordinary into something extraordinary. Be a red apple (Uranus Aries) in an otherwise grey world (Saturn Sagittarius).
Group projects are emphasised with these planetary aspects too and working together alongside other people can help sway those in power or implement positive change in the world. The individual, Uranus in Aries, can make a difference when aligned with truth and justice, Saturn in Sagittarius.
A fresh twist
Here are the areas of your life represented by the signs of 1. Sagittarius and 2. Aries, highlighting where you too can create a fresh twist on an old problem or bring order and structure to an area where previously there’s been chaos:
- Aries: 1. Travel, study, adventure – 2. Personal goals, image, independence
- Taurus: 1. Joint finances, emotional ties – 2. Personal issues, sacrifice, recovery
- Gemini: 1. Relationships, both personal & professional – 2. Friends, group activities, society
- Cancer: 1. Work, health, lifestyle – 2. Career, vocation, status
- Leo: 1. Creativity, children, love affairs – 2. Travel, study, adventure
- Virgo: 1. Home, family, past – 2. Joint finances, emotional ties
- Libra: 1. Communication, neighbourhood – 2. Relationships, both personal & professional
- Scorpio: 1. Money, values – 2. Work, health, lifestyle
- Sagittarius: 1. Personal goals, image, independence – 2. Creativity, children, love affairs
- Capricorn: 1. Personal issues, sacrifice, recovery – 2. Home, family, past
- Aquarius: 1. Friends, group activities, society – 2. Communication, neighbourhood
- Pisces: 1. Career, vocation, status – 2. Money, values
Fire signs, like Aries and Sagittarius, are motivated and inspired so this is brilliant for adventure, independent moves and innovative collaborations. If you have key planets close to 26 degrees of the three fire signs, Aries, Leo or Sagittarius, you can harness this planetary energy to good effect.
There’s nothing ordinary about Saturn and Uranus working together as this promises to be an extra-ordinary experience.