New Moon [26 Libra 35]:
October 19, 2017 – 20:12 (London)
October 19, 2017 – 15:12 (New York)
October 20, 2017 – 06:12 (Sydney)
Big planet Jupiter left Libra last week but that’s not to say there’s no planetary activity left in the sign of the scales. Lovely Venus is currently in residence in her own sign, and it won’t be long before active Mars joins Venus in Libra at the weekend. Relationships remain big news until early December.
New Moon Intentions
Plus, this week the New Moon takes place in Libra, the sign associated with relationships, art and beauty, balance and harmony. New Moons are a symbol of new beginnings and the start of a new monthly moon cycle.
Here are seven ways to make the most of the current New Moon:
1. Set your intentions for the month ahead. Write them down, say them out loud.
2. Meditate. Stop, be silent and quiet in your life. The sky is completely dark during the time of the New Moon and it’s an excellent time to listen to your inner voice and to reconnect with all that is.
3. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky over the next couple of days. When you first catch a glimpse, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
4. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’. Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon in two weeks.
5. Give love. Libra is the sign of relationships. Be open to love, forgive someone close to you, be big-hearted in your relationships and practise kindness and generosity. Start over in a close relationship.
6. Find balance. Libra is the sign of the scales and represents peace and harmony. Life can feel like a constant balancing act but decide what it is you need so you can find balance within yourself. This will be personal to your situation, whether you need time alone or to be around people, you want to catch up on sleep, exercise, eat well, or you’re ready to play more and work less.
7. Surround yourself with beauty. Libra is the sign most closely connected to art and design, fashion and style. Look at your normal surroundings with a discerning gaze. Admire the beauty in life, wherever you find it. Buy flowers, pin up photographs, choose a new fragrance, make or buy food that’s luxuriously pretty and tastes divine.
What will you begin at this New Moon? Relationships are one area to make a fresh start and create new intentions. Wherever the sign of Libra falls in your solar chart is another significant area of life for you. Here’s a quick guide for your star sign:
Aries – love & relationships
Taurus – job & health
Gemini – birth i.e. kids, love, creative project
Cancer – home & family
Leo – local community, ideas & communication
Virgo – money & values
Libra – personal goals & self image
Scorpio – retreat & secrets
Sagittarius – friends & wider society
Capricorn – career & status
Aquarius – travel, study & deeper meaning
Pisces – shared finances & resources
Sun/Moon Opposite Uranus
Hence the title of this blog post ‘sudden beginnings’. Uranus brings the surprise factor; it’s the planet of sudden stops and starts, and things rarely happen in predictable fashion when Uranus is in action.
This might mean you have to start something new, ready or not, or someone acts out of character or unpredictably. Saturn in Sagittarius is acting as an anchor, as Saturn is at 23 degrees Sagittarius, the sign of truth and justice, travel and exploration. Yet it’s Uranus at 26 degrees Aries that’s so closely tied up with this week’s New Moon.
You might feel rebellious, pro-active or downright edgy as Uranus energy is often hyper and unbalanced. Try and use this wild side of the New Moon as best you can. Libra’s scales aren’t in alignment with the planet of revolution, Uranus, in action.
Even so, it remains a New Moon, and the fortnight between the New Moon and Full Moon is a time to be primed and ready for action. Stretch yourself, reach out new shoots, take the initiative and set new objectives. Sudden beginnings are on the cards.