New Moon [26 Capricorn 54] – January 17, 2018
London – 02:17 am
New York – 09:17 pm (January 16, 2018)
Sydney – 01:17 pm
Tonight’s New Moon is quite the astrological spectacular. Not only are the Sun and Moon side by side in earth sign, Capricorn, but Mercury (communication) and Saturn (responsibility), Venus (love) and Pluto (power) are also in the sign of work.
This is when you discover how in tune you are with Saturn’s recent move into Capricorn and whether the hard-work ethic is part of your DNA. Are you ready to accomplish greatness, find a new mountain to climb, harness your ambitions and make your way to the top, whatever obstacles are put in your path?
Earth sign, Capricorn, shares many characteristics with its ruling planet Saturn, such as commitment, authority, hard work, status and respect. This is an excellent New Moon to set some serious intentions and plan long-term, look ahead and commit to new disciplines and goals.
This isn’t about overnight success either. Instead, take a long-term approach and work steadily and diligently towards your goals. Line up your mountain to climb and make small, steady steps day-by-day to reach the pinnacle.
You need to play by the rules when Capricorn’s in town and it’s wise not to cut corners. Instead, prove your worth and hone your ambition. Capricorn is one of the cardinal signs, the leaders of the zodiac.
Wherever Capricorn lights up your horoscope, this is where it’s vital to leave emotions out of the picture but don’t disconnect your heart. Bring gentle warmth to pressing matters and soft humour to the boardroom or work arena.
Here are the specific areas of life relevant for your star sign. Consider your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign:
- Aries: career, vocation, status & reputation
- Taurus: travel, exploration, higher education, knowledge
- Gemini: joint finances, shared resources, metaphysical realm
- Cancer: relationships, 1-to-1 interactions, contracts & joint ventures
- Leo: work, everyday lifestyle, health, service to others
- Virgo: love affairs, children, creativity, entertainment, luck
- Libra: home, family, your past, where you come from
- Scorpio: communication, education, local community, siblings
- Sagittarius: personal money, possessions, values, resources
- Capricorn: personal goals, physical body, image & appearance
- Aquarius: retreat, secrets, inner work
- Pisces: friends, groups, social networks, hopes & wishes
The title of this article is a nod to a song from Hamilton: The Musical which has wowed America over recent years and opened in London on December 21, 2017. This was coincidentally one day after Saturn entered Capricorn and on the day of the Sun/Saturn conjunction in Capricorn, and I was lucky enough to be there.
The musical is based on the story of Alexander Hamilton, one of the forefathers of America, Washington’s right-hand man, a prolific writer and a Sun Capricorn (b. January 11, 1757). The man who created the musical is Lin-Manuel Miranda who wrote all 46 songs and brought hip-hop and a diverse cast to the story of America’s independence. He too is a Sun Capricorn (b. January 16, 1980) and a genius.
The musical is a story about how pure drive and ambition propelled a ‘young, scrappy and hungry’ Hamilton to greatness and the musical is full of uplifting lyrics to inspire you to take on the world, e.g.
- “Immigrants: we get the job done.”
- “When you’re living on your knees, you rise up.”
- “I am not throwing away my shot.”
- “There’s a million things I haven’t done. Just you wait, just you wait.”
- “What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.”
- “And when my time is up, have I done enough? Will they tell my story?”
The Hamilton musical is honestly one of the best shows I’ve ever seen on stage. If you want to see Capricorn ambition at its best and most inspirational, do everything you can to grab yourself a ticket – they’re like gold dust.
Today’s New Moon in Capricorn is in a tight square aspect to the planet of rebellion, Uranus in Aries. A nod to the fact that sometimes the spark of revolution is needed to light the fire and propel the Capricorn mentality to great things. You need to take new risks to climb your way to the top. Are you ready?