New Moon [12 Capricorn 20]
January 2, 2022 (18:33 GMT)
New Moon alert! It’s that time of the month when we await a new lunar cycle which begins with the New Moon. This New Moon comes at an ideal time to set your intentions and line up some long-time goals for 2022.
During the New Moon, the Sun and Moon sit side by side in the zodiac, the perfect team; the King (Sun) and Queen (Moon) of the sky, the Sun ruling the day and the Moon ruling the night.
Top tips on how to make the most of the Capricorn New Moon
1. Set your intentions and line up some long-term goals for 2022. The best time to do this is after the New Moon. At the exact moment of the New Moon, everything is dark. Meditate during the New Moon, then set your intentions and plan ahead. You can do this a day or two after the New Moon.
2. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky on January 3rd/4th depending where you are. When you first catch a glimpse of the Moon, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
3. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’. Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon in two weeks.
4. Capricorn’s zodiac symbol is the mountain goat. Capricorn is the star sign at the peak of the horoscope with its eye on the future. It’s not about overnight change or quick wins. The Capricorn New Moon is perfect for looking ahead, drawing up a business plan or long-term goals.
5. However, there is a chance to make things happen and fast on this New Moon. This is because the New Moon is trine Uranus, the planet of change, in earth sign Taurus. Or, perhaps this is about changing your attitude and being open to doing things differently. Surprise yourself with your goals or intention setting – ring the changes.
6. Usually the New Moon energy is forward-moving and pro-active. Yet, as January begins the planet of love and money Venus is retrograde AND communication planet Mercury is slowing down ready to turn retrograde on January 14th. This is why you’re wise to use this month’s New Moon energy to look and plan ahead.
Here’s a quick guide to the areas of your life that are highlighted during the New Moon. Read both your Sun & Ascendant sign:
- Capricorn – personal goals & self image
- Aquarius – solitude & secrets
- Pisces – friends & wider society
- Aries – career & status
- Taurus – travel & study
- Gemini – joint finances & sexuality
- Cancer – love & relationships
- Leo – job & health
- Virgo – birth i.e. kids, romance, creative project
- Libra – home & family
- Scorpio – local community & ideas
- Sagittarius – money & values
Happy New Moon
Don’t miss out on the weekly horoscopes & astrology newsletter. It lands in your inbox every Sunday morning so you’re ready & prepared for the week ahead. Sign up here: Weekly.