New Moon [7 Capricorn 59] – Thursday 29th December 2016
London – 06:53
New York – 01:53
Sydney – 17:53
New Moon, New Beginnings
Today’s New Moon in Capricorn is brilliant for setting intentions, not only for the month ahead but for 2017 as well. New Moons are a symbol of new beginnings, the ideal time of the month to start afresh, take action, feel energised.
In addition, Capricorn is a sign that loves goal-setting, lining up new challenges to fuel the earth sign ambition. Capricorn wants and needs a new mountain to climb.
In fact, this whole period between Christmas and New Year is packed full of creative innovation as other key planets are pulled in to the New Moon pattern. Retrograde Mercury sits next to the Sun and Moon in Capricorn, a time to be reflective, to go within.
There’s also a co-operative sextile aspect from the New Moon to the planet of desire, Mars, and inspirational Neptune, both planets sitting side-by-side in the dreamy sign of Pisces.
Put the whole combination together and you can’t help but get out your coloured pencils and pens ready to plot and plan ahead. Use art, music, words, whatever method you prefer to let your ideas and imagination flow free.
There’s no rush either because with Mercury retrograde until January 8th, ideally you can flow into 2017 rather than rush into things.
Mercury re-enters Capricorn on January 12th, the same day as a powerful Full Moon in Cancer and it’s back at 7 degrees Capricorn, the same degree as the New Moon on January 21st. What you begin now, you can start to materialise throughout the first month of the year.
Set your intentions.
Here are the specific areas of life to explore for your personal star sign:
- Aries: career, vocation, status & reputation
- Taurus: travel, exploration, higher education, knowledge
- Gemini: joint finances, shared resources, metaphysical realm
- Cancer: relationships, 1-to-1 interactions, contracts & joint ventures
- Leo: work, everyday lifestyle, health, service to others
- Virgo: love affairs, children, creativity, entertainment, luck
- Libra: home, family, your past, where you come from
- Scorpio: communication, education, local community, siblings
- Sagittarius: personal money, possessions, values, resources
- Capricorn: personal goals, physical body, image & appearance
- Aquarius: retreat, secrets, inner work
- Pisces: friends, groups, social networks, hopes & wishes