The calendar tips this week from July to August. As we turn over a new page, two significant planetary events take place within a few hours of each other – two reasons to jump for joy.
Both events feel like significant turning points as we close the door on July and say hello to August. Here’s what’s happening:
New Moon [8 Leo 36]
– August 1, 2019 (04:12 GMT+1)
The first of two New Moons in August takes place this week (n.b. this is different if you’re in America, as the New Moon falls late on July 31st). This New Moon is in Leo, one of the fire signs and a burst of blazing fire-sign energy.
Plus, the Sun and Moon sit next to Venus in Leo, the planet of love and relating. This whole combination feels positive, colourful, warm, friendly & sociable. It’s about shining your light and encouraging others to shine their light. Where can you take centre stage or support someone close?
Leos love to be admired, complimented and adored. You could ask for what you want or need during this New Moon or be a positive role model to others. Smiling, compliments, kindness – they cost nothing and are immediate feel-good boosts of energy for you and the people concerned.
Uranus is involved as it falls square to the Sun, Moon & Venus triple conjunction. Yet, perhaps this can add to the spontaneous, impulsive planetary vibe.
Do things differently, ring the changes, be adventurous. Try not to clash with others, even if their views are different to your own. See if you can find a way to be in step, to complement each other despite your differences.
Mercury turns direct [23 Cancer 57]
– August 1, 2019 (04:57 GMT+1)
Almost at the same time as the New Moon, talk planet, Mercury, turns direct after three weeks retrograde, i.e. on go slow. Mercury turned retrograde on July 8th. Here’s how to make the most of Mercury’s change of direction:
- try again – second chances are a classic Mercury direct theme
- sort out a misunderstanding
- start afresh – perfect advice considering the New Moon in Leo
- speak with confidence
- clear your mind, seek clarity
- launch a new project, idea or plan
- write a list – keep it short, deal with what’s most important or urgent in your life
- do what you say you will, recommit to a promise
- handle any technological or transport issues
- have a connecting conversation as Mercury’s in caring Cancer
- heal a rift
- plug back in, renew your energy & focus
- resolve an issue that coincided with the Lunar Eclipse on July 16th – Mercury turns direct at the same degree in the zodiac
There’s plenty to celebrate and be thankful for as July tips into August, one of the best months of the year – or so the astrology promises!
Monthly horoscopes coming soon – sign up today to ensure they arrive in your inbox tomorrow (sign-up box top right).