Mercury Turns Direct – April 15, 2018
Communication planet, Mercury, turns direct today and I, for one, am delighted. This has been quite the Mercury retrograde for me personally, not surprising as Mercury is stationing on my Ascendant and has been retreating through my 1st house, ruling all things personal.
There were some classic Mercury retrograde mistakes this time: a 7 hour power cut, a 2 hour journey to an interview that didn’t happen because of illness but the message never got through, a missed driving lesson (which still had to be paid for), sending out the wrong article to subscribers and, in general, things going wrong or just not working out.
Plus, with Mercury retrograde in Aries, this was frustrating as patience levels were low and tempers flared! I found myself feeling very scattered and disconnected in the middle part of the three week retrograde phase and – this might sound weird – I didn’t feel like me!
There was one weekend where I decided to lay low and binge-watch Netflix. I’m glad to say I’m now feeling myself again, energy levels are soaring and I’m ready for action!
For those of you who like to know the astrology, here are the relevant dates/degrees:
- Mercury turned retrograde [16 Aries 54] – March 23, 2018
- Mercury turns direct [4 Aries 47] – April 15, 2018 (10:21 GMT +1)
- Mercury out of shadow – May 3, 2018
The shadow phase is when Mercury is back at the same degree in the zodiac at which it turned retrograde, although with such dynamic planetary activity during this mid-April period, personally I don’t think you’ll have to wait long to get things moving. Go for it now, especially with a New Moon in Aries tomorrow, April 16th.
The last Sun/Venus cycle began on March 25, 2017 at 4 Aries 57, at almost the exact same place in the zodiac that communication planet Mercury is turning direct today. I seem to be very tuned into this cycle as looking back in my life, that was the exact day I made a major decision to leave an 18 year relationship.
The Sun/Venus cycle fell close to my Aries Ascendant, also triggering my Descendant and the relationship point in my birth chart. The next Sun/Venus cycle begins on October 26, 2018 at 3 Scorpio 06, exactly conjunct my Scorpio Sun.
Therefore, I am expecting this current period to be pivotal with regard to my personal life and it’s turning out to be so. This is the beauty of astrology, when you see these patterns playing out in your life and you know you’re going with the flow rather than working against it.
How was Mercury retrograde for you? Even Madonna tweeted about it this week:
Is there any resonance in your life with the wider Sun/Venus cycle? Venus rules love and money, art and beauty and the Sun illuminates and enlightens. Let me know in the comments below.
Mercury turning direct is ideal for the following:
- trying again – second chances are a classic Mercury direct theme
- sorting out any misunderstandings
- considering what Mercury retrograde taught you, i.e. where are you wasting your time?
- starting afresh – n.b. there’s a New Moon on April 16th, the day after Mercury turns direct
- speaking your mind – Mercury in Aries is direct, forthright, honest
- initiating a conversation
- launching a new project, idea, plan
- writing a list – keep it short, deal with what’s most important or urgent in your life
- doing what you say you will, recommitting to a promise
- handling any technological or transport issues
- grabbing someone’s attention
- plugging back in, renewing your energy & focus
Here are the areas of your life under the spotlight now Mercury is beginning to move forward once again. Read both your Sun sign and Ascendant sign:
- Aries: image & body, reputation & appearance, personal goals
- Taurus: retreat, solitude, quiet time, sacrifice, inner work
- Gemini: friends, groups, wider society, politics
- Cancer: career, reputation & status, future goals
- Leo: travel, education, philosophy & beliefs
- Virgo: joint finances & shared resources, all that’s hidden & taboo
- Libra: relationships, personal & professional, your 1-to-1 negotiations
- Scorpio: work & routine, health & lifestyle, your well-being
- Sagittarius: your ‘fun’ sector: love affairs, children & pregnancy, creative projects, entertainment
- Capricorn: home & family, your past & ancestry
- Aquarius: communication, local community, transport
- Pisces: personal money sector, possessions, values
Hello again, Mercury, glad to have you back in direct motion
Leave a Reply