It links two of the most powerful planetary archetypes, Jupiter, the planet of opportunity and expansion, with Pluto, the planet of transformation and loss.
In mythology, Jupiter (Zeus) was King of the Gods and Lord of the Sky and Pluto (Hades) was Ruler of the Underworld.
These are a powerful twosome and when these planets are in aspect in a person’s natal chart, themes of power and wealth dominate.
Yet this time around you might have to dig a little deeper to unearth Jupiter’s and Pluto’s hidden riches. Both these planets are in earth signs; Jupiter in Virgo and Pluto in Capricorn. Jupiter enjoys the big picture in life, this is the Sky God after all, but in Virgo, Jupiter’s gaze is focused, smaller, paying attention to the details.
In addition, this is the second phase of this planetary cycle and Jupiter is currently retrograde, i.e. weakened. Falling between two eclipses (March 9th & March 23rd), symbols of drama and the unexpected, there might not be much evidence of wealth and abundance in your life just now.
Yet this is still an important phase and the earth signs like to build for the future. Keep plugging away, keep your long-term goals in sight, hold true to your faith. Here are the dates and degrees of the bigger picture, the full Jupiter-Pluto cycle:
- Jupiter trine Pluto (13 degrees Virgo/Capricorn) – October 11 2015
- Jupiter R trine Pluto (17 degrees Virgo/Capricorn) – March 16 2016
- Jupiter trine Pluto R (16 degrees Virgo/Capricorn) – June 26 2016
This cycle is most powerful if you have key planets/angles between 12-18 degrees Virgo/Capricorn. Think back to October 2015 and what you began or committed to back then. The June 2016 date is when plans come to fruition and change can elevate to transformational proportions.
So where can you unearth these hidden riches? In what specific areas of life should you be digging deep? Here’s a quick Sun sign guide to your personal hidden treasure chest:
- Aries: Work, health, lifestyle – Career, status, vocation
- Taurus: Creativity, romance, children – Travel, study, beliefs
- Gemini: Home, family, past – Joint finances, legacy, taboos
- Cancer: Communication, community, education – Partnership, joint ventures
- Leo: Money, values, possessions – Work, health, lifestyle
- Virgo: Personal goals, image, body – Creativity, romance, children
- Libra: Retreat, spiritual path, sacrifice – Home, family, past
- Scorpio: Friendship, groups, future goals – Communication, community, education
- Sagittarius: Career, status, vocation – Money, values, possessions
- Capricorn: Travel, study, beliefs – Personal goals, image, body
- Aquarius: Joint finances, legacy, taboos – Retreat, spiritual path, sacrifice
- Pisces: Partnership, joint ventures – Friendship, groups, future goals.