Full Moon [11 Taurus 58]
London – November 4 2017 (05:23)
New York – November 4 2017 (01:23)
Sydney – November 4 2017 (16:23)
This weekend’s Full Moon could be a spectacular sight if the skies are clear. It’s one of the closest Full Moons to earth in 2017, and therefore dubbed a Super Moon.
In astrology, Taurus is a strong placing for the Moon as this is its sign of exaltation. This makes sense if you consider that the Moon rules your needs and where you find comfort in life, and Taurus is one of the tactile earth signs, representing security and safety. One of my favourite terms for the Moon in Taurus is ‘a safe harbour’.
This Full Moon cuts across the Taurus/Scorpio axis of the zodiac, representing money and resources and where your values lie. Taurus is the physical and materialistic side of the spectrum, whereas Scorpio rules the metaphysical and all things hidden.
It’s an excellent time to practise the law of attraction and to trust in life’s abundance. On a practical level, this is a good weekend to focus on finances and consider ways to eliminate debt or make more of what you have. Scorpio is about letting go of what’s no longer useful and is linked to recycling and the never-ending circle of growth, death & rebirth.
If you were to look at the astrology wheel for this Full Moon, there are some powerful planetary aspects which feel helpful and bountiful. The Sun remains close to the planet of good fortune, Jupiter in Scorpio, and is in an easy sextile aspect to Pluto, Scorpio’s co-ruler. This feels magical, transformative even and both planetary aspects boost the power of the Full Moon.
The closest planetary aspect, however, is a stunning trine aspect from the Sun in Scorpio to Neptune in Pisces, also at 11 degrees. This is brilliant for dreaming, visualisation, spiritual growth, yearning for something beyond the everyday. Neptune’s realm is vast and boundless and the Sun in Scorpio wants to dig deep to seek out hidden riches.
There is one twist, however, a blast of the unexpected. This is because very close to the time of the Full Moon, Venus in Libra opposes Uranus in Aries. This is important for a Taurus Full Moon because Venus is the ruler of Taurus, so there’s a connection here. Venus is currently strong in Libra, the sign of relationships, but Uranus promises a surprise element.
Look out for someone who acts out of character or doesn’t agree with your plans or ideas. You might realise where there’s unity in your relationships during this Full Moon, but also where there’s dissociation, splitting off. Concentrate on your own affairs and your own well-being, especially if you and someone close are in disagreement.
Here are the areas highlighted by this Full Moon depending on your own Sun Sign:
- Aries – personal finances, possessions – other peoples’ money, money owed
- Taurus – image, self-identity, personal goals – relationships, other people
- Gemini – retreat, secrets, self-undoing – work, service, health
- Cancer – friends, groups, society – children, creativity, entertainment
- Leo – work, status, responsibility – home, family
- Virgo – travel, study, exploration – communication, neighbours, siblings
- Libra – other peoples’ money, money owed – personal finances, possessions
- Scorpio – relationships, other people – image, self-identity, personal goals
- Sagittarius – work, service, health – retreat, secrets, self-undoing
- Capricorn – children, creativity, entertainment – friends, groups, society
- Aquarius – home, family – work, status, responsibility
- Pisces – communication, neighbours, siblings, local neighbourhood – travel, study, exploration
Find a Safe Harbour
Focus on sensual activities this weekend and consider what you need to create your own safe harbour in life. Slow down the pace so you create time in your life to tap into your inner needs and longings. Emotions are always heightened during the Full Moon phase and you often see your situation clearly. This is potentially a profound time of insight and understanding.