FULL MOON [3 Pisces 12]
London – August 26, 2018 (12:26 GMT +1)
New York – August 26, 2018 (07:26 GMT -4)
Sydney – August 26, 2018 (21:26 GMT +10)
This weekend is a Full Moon weekend linking star signs in the elements earth and water, the Sun in Virgo and the Moon in Pisces. Oppositions create tension and emotions are heightened during the Full Moon phase.
This is the time in the month when the Moon is at its brightest, shedding light on what’s been hidden. It’s often a period of clarity when matters come to completion.
Ideally, you want to flow between the opposing star signs of the Virgo-Pisces axis. In Virgo, you’re on dry land, sorting things out, taking care of your body, getting organised. Whereas in Pisces, you’re swimming in the sea, losing yourself, heading into the unknown and the realm of dreams and the imagination.
Try to make time for both this weekend. Engage your logical left brain and your intuitive right brain. This is how creativity and ideas can spring to life.
This Full Moon is also important because it creates a Kite pattern, which you can see in the chart below. The Sun at 3 degrees Virgo is in a Grand Earth Trine with Saturn at 2 degrees Capricorn and Uranus at 2 degrees Taurus.
Bring in the Moon at 3 Pisces and you have the shape of a kite. This is going to be a powerful Full Moon if you have planets/angles in early degrees of the earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) and water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) signs.
Grand Earth Trine
A Grand Earth Trine has the potential to be creative and productive. It’s good for building firm foundations in you life and taking care of essentials; food in your belly, a roof over your head, somewhere warm to sleep. Earth is the element most closely linked to nature, which provides for many of our needs and is a rich source of sustenance and comfort.
Saturn and Uranus combine the old and the new ways. Include the Sun and there’s a theme of permanence, building on what you already have, changing things around a little but not a lot. Savour what’s in your life, appreciate what’s yours, lose yourself in the wonder of life’s eternal sensuality.
Engage all your senses; touch, sight, hearing, taste and smell. Bring in the Moon in Pisces and you activate your sixth sense as well.
Let’s Go Fly A Kite
There’s real potential in a kite formation as you would expect. You have the wind in your sails and can soar high into the sky and fly like a kite. This Full Moon/Kite pattern isn’t about letting go of the rope, however, or heading blindly out to sea. Instead, ensure you know where safety and solid ground lie, before casting off your anchor.
Even so, this feels like a weekend rich with potential. Plus, with action planet Mars about to turn direct after nine weeks on go slow on August 27th, you’re sailing into fair winds and following seas.
Here are the areas in your life which are highlighted by this weekend’s Full Moon. Read both your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign if you know it:
- Aries: Retreat & recuperation – work, service, health & fitness
- Taurus: Friends, groups & networks – self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs
- Gemini: Career & vocation – home & family
- Cancer: Travel & study – life close to home, neighbours & siblings
- Leo: Other peoples’ money & joint resources – personal possessions & values
- Virgo: Relationships & one-on-one partnership – personal goals & self care
- Libra: Work, service, health & fitness – retreat & recuperation
- Scorpio: Self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs – friends, groups & networks
- Sagittarius: Home & family – career & vocation
- Capricorn: Life close to home, neighbours & siblings – travel & study
- Aquarius: Personal possessions & values – other peoples’ money & joint resources
- Pisces: Personal goals & self care – relationships & one-on-one partnership