FULL MOON [9 Leo 06]
London: January 28, 2021 – (19:16 GMT)
New York: January 28, 2021 – (14:16 GMT-5)
Sydney: January 29, 2021 – (06:16 GMT+11)
Full Moons are traditionally a time of celebration and this week’s Full Moon Leo feels like a good time to seek enjoyment & pleasure and do more of what you love.
These are testing times for many of us but this Full Moon does feel special. For starters, it’s in fire sign Leo and the fire signs are renowned for play, fun and spontaneity.
It’s telling that currently the Moon is the only planetary body in a fire sign right now and, for some of us, joy may not be present or foreground in our lives.
Yet, this Full Moon is a reminder to seek out the joy, to find the positives, the benefits in your life, however small, whatever is happening for you personally.
There’s another reason why this Full Moon feels special and that’s because Jupiter is the dominant planet. It sits next to the Sun, the ruler of the Leo Full Moon and the Sun shines its light directly on to Jupiter, the planet of hope & faith, opportunity, expansion and growth.
Last year, 2020, the Sun & Jupiter never met on their annual trip around the universe. Sun-Jupiter conjunctions are often linked to good fortune and the Sun-Jupiter connection is often deemed one of the luckiest or best days of the year.
The Sun-Jupiter conjunction is exact seven hours after the Full Moon and falls in Aquarius. Jupiter is no longer visible in the night sky but still plays its part in this week’s glorious Full Moon.
If you have key planets/angles close to 9 degrees Leo/Aquarius, you’re basking in the glow of this week’s Full Moon/Sun-Jupiter mix.
Make time to honour the light of the Moon during its fullness, an ideal point in the month to trust your intuition and make clear decisions. Here’s where this week’s Full Moon is lighting up your life. Read both your Sun & Ascendant signs:
- Leo – image, self-identity, personal goals – relationships, contracts, other people
- Virgo – retreat, secrets, self-undoing – work, service, health
- Libra – friends, groups, society – children, creativity, romance
- Scorpio – work, status, responsibility – home, family
- Sagittarius – travel, study, exploration – communication, neighbours, siblings
- Capricorn – other peoples’ money, money owed – personal finances, possessions
- Aquarius – relationships, contracts, other people – image, self-identity, personal goals
- Pisces – work, service, health – retreat, secrets, self-undoing
- Aries – children, creativity, romance – friends, groups, society
- Taurus – home, family – work, status, responsibility
- Gemini – communication, neighbours, siblings, local neighbourhood – travel, study, exploration
- Cancer – personal finances, possessions – other peoples’ money, money owed
Remember that the Full Moon is an opposition so it’s about balancing the different areas of your life, how you allow them to complement each other and work together in unison, rather than create division or enmity.