This weekend sees the monthly Full Moon dominate the night sky and this time around the Full Moon cuts across the Virgo/Pisces axis with the Sun at 26 degrees Pisces and the Moon at 26 degrees Virgo. The Full Moon is exact on Sunday 16th March 2014 (17:08 GMT).
This Full Moon is the last before the Sun returns to 0 Aries and begins it’s yearly journey round the zodiac so things are coming to completion not only in the annual cycle of the heavens but on a personal level too.
Full Moons represent a culmination with the Moon at the peak of it’s power, a time when emotions run deep and feelings are heightened. On the Full Moon you can make wise decisions when your head and heart are in unison.
Saturn lends a hand
The Virgo/Pisces opposition focuses on service to others but whilst the Sun in Pisces wants to daydream and chill out, the Moon in Virgo is eager to get busy and work hard. This Full Moon includes helpful aspects from Saturn in Scorpio trine the Sun in Pisces and sextile the Moon in Virgo. Whether you’re helping others this weekend, choosing to enjoy some down time or catching up on chores, you’re in tune with the planetary energy. Your choice.
Let the writing begin
The Sun-Saturn trine was exact on Thursday 13th March 2014, a potentially productive aspect and the second half of this week has been a busy time for me. I’m currently in the midst of a new writing project and on Thursday I discovered that the deadline for the first stage was the following day.
There’s nothing like a deadline to speed up your work rate and suddenly I’m getting lots done. Virgo is the sign that rules writing and Saturn brings self-discipline. I’ve worked methodically through my ‘to do’ list and bar one or two tweaks I’ve got all my work done and I have the weekend free to enjoy myself – hoorah!
What does this Full Moon mean for you?
The dynamic of a Full Moon in astrology is an opposition and always presents a challenge on how you synthesize opposing energies or clashing wants and needs. There’s invariably an element of conflict but with that comes the opportunity to find a way to work together and use complementary skills or interests for the unity of the whole.
Here are the areas in your own life which are highlighted by this Full Moon:
- Aries: Retreat & recuperation v. work, service, health & fitness
- Taurus: Friends, groups & networks v. self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs
- Gemini: Career & vocation v. home & family
- Cancer: Travel & exploration v. busyness close to home, neighbours & siblings
- Leo: Other peoples’ money & joint resources v. personal possessions & values
- Virgo: Relationships & one-on-one partnership v. personal goals & self care
- Libra: Work, service, health & fitness v. retreat & recuperation
- Scorpio: Self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs v. friends, groups & networks
- Sagittarius: Home & family v. career & vocation
- Capricorn: Busyness close to home, neighbours & siblings v. travel & exploration
- Aquarius: Personal possessions & values v. other peoples’ money & joint resources
- Pisces: Personal goals & self care v. relationships & one-on-one partnership
Read both your Sun sign and your Ascendant to see what fits for you most closely. Aside from the influx of new writing work which fits my Aries Ascendant, we’re off to a 50th birthday party on Saturday night which is perfect for my Scorpio Sun as we’ll be catching up with some dear friends who we only ever see once in a blue moon.
Enjoy your weekend!