Lunar Eclipse [0 Leo 52]
London – January 21st 2019 (5:16 am GMT)
New York – January 21st 2019 (0:16 am GMT)
Sydney – January 21st 2019 (16:16 pm GMT)
The Full Moon is building in the night sky. It culminates in Sunday’s sky and is worth looking out for if you can get the timing right. This is because January’s Full Moon is a Blood moon, Super moon, total Lunar Eclipse. It’s going to be a stunning red colour and large in the night sky.
Plus, it’s the last eclipse in a cycle that began in August 2016, cutting across the Leo/Aquarius axis of the zodiac. Therefore, this is where there’s likely to have been accelerated growth & change, wherever these signs of the zodiac cut across your horoscope. Here’s a reminder. Read both your Sun Sign & Ascendant Sign:
- Aries & Libra: 11th/5th houses – your friends, groups & societies; your children, creativity, love affairs, what you ‘give birth to’
- Taurus & Scorpio: 10th/4th houses – your career & vocation, where you’re heading in life; your home & family, where you come from
- Gemini & Sagittarius: 3rd/9th houses – your education, neighbours & siblings, how you communicate; the bigger picture, travel, philosophy, what gives your life meaning
- Cancer & Capricorn: 2nd/8th houses – money, what you place value upon in your life; your joint finances, your sexual nature, all that you share with others, your subconscious
- Leo & Aquarius: 1st/7th houses – your image & appearance, personal goals & aims; love & relationships, significant others, contracts
- Virgo & Pisces: 12th/6th houses – retreat, quiet, solitude, a spiritual path; your health & work, service, what you sacrifice for others
As this is the last eclipse in a cycle and it falls at 0 degrees, a potent degree, this signals both an end and a new beginning, in true eclipse style.
Sometimes, eclipses bring what’s hidden to light or you find yourself in a triangle situation, vying for someone’s attention, a job or promotion. Or, you find yourself ‘eclipsed’ as life steps in to turn the tables of life upside-down, around and back to front.
This eclipse will be most powerful for you if you have planets/angles close to 0 degrees of the fixed signs, Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. Then, you’re likely to be confronted with a situation in your life where you’re ready to move on or someone shows you the door.
Remember that with eclipses, this is both about what happens on the inside, i.e. the decisions you make and on the outside, i.e. via external events. Tradition states to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action.
Plus, there are two important planetary aspects taking place during the eclipse which show how different this experience will be, depending which aspects dominate for you and how significant the eclipse signs/degrees are for you.
Mars Square Saturn
Firstly, the two malefics, i.e. the planets with the toughest reputation, Mars and Saturn, make a square aspect, exact on January 21st (11:48 GMT). Mars is at 13 degrees Aries square Saturn at 13 degrees Capricorn. This combination feels angry and limiting at the same time. You have to balance being assertive with being in control, being courageous and feeling your fear. That takes strength, stamina and resilience to do so.
Venus conjunct Jupiter
Secondly, the two benefics, i.e. the planets with the best reputation, Venus and Jupiter, make a stunning conjunction, exact on January 22nd (12:26 GMT). They meet at 16 degrees Sagittarius. This combination feels blissful, lucky, packed full with love, kindness and good fortune. The more open and expansive you are to life & other people, the more you receive in return.
You really couldn’t get a more contrasting pair of planetary aspects tapping into the eclipse energy. Therefore, this seems to confirm that, for some people, Monday’s eclipse will throw a spanner in the works or coincide with an ending. Whereas, for other people, it will deliver a gift, a bonus, a stroke of good fortune and set you off on a new path.
Astrology, eh? Complex, intriguing and fascinating all at the same time. Do let me know what the eclipse brings you.
Happy Lunar Eclipse!