Full Moon [6 Capricorn 28]
London – June 28, 2018 (05:53 GMT+1)
New York – June 28, 2018 (00:53 GMT-4)
Sydney – June 28, 2018 (14:53 GMT+10)
This is a big week in the cosmos. Not only has action planet Mars turned retrograde (June 26th) but now there’s a serious Full Moon in Capricorn on the horizon.
Full Moons are renowned as a time of celebration but this Full Moon may be more about completion or an ending, even things coming to a halt. This is the theme of Mars switching direction too, not being able to make progress or alternatively deciding what you’re ready to let go of, finished or not.
The reason this Full Moon is serious is because the Moon sits next to Saturn, the planet of endings, and there’s a Sun-Saturn opposition cutting across the Cancer/Capricorn axis of the zodiac on June 27th. The Moon sitting next to Saturn during the Full Moon evokes a gloomy vibe, whether you’re down in the dumps or you have a valid reason for feeling sad.
Trying to put a positive spin on this Full Moon, remember that Saturn represents commitment and Full Moons are an optimum time to make decisions. Notice where your limitations lie and act accordingly. Put rules and boundaries in place which protect you and your family.
Here is some more information about the star signs Cancer & Capricorn and the areas under the cosmic spotlight during this Full Moon.
Note too that Saturn represents boundaries, a wall you run into and we are currently bearing witness to some inhumane immigration laws which are literally tearing families (Cancer) apart. As a parent myself, the knowledge of what’s happening in a supposedly civilised country weighs heavy on my heart, as I’m sure it does for many of you.
In brief, Cancer is the sign that rules home, family, tradition and where you come from, while Capricorn rules work, status and where you’re heading in life. The urge to settle down and nest, have a home or raise a family brings comfort and security but goes hand in hand with more responsibility and the need to provide for and care for the ones you love.
Questions may be raised now about whether you’re working to live or living to work, whether there’s an imbalance between the time you spend at home with loved ones or pursuing your ambitions and financial goals. Other issues may be foreground now regarding work, ageing, taking care of loved ones or any sadness surrounding family who are lost to you.
What it means for you?
Here are the areas of your life highlighted by this Full Moon. Read your Sun sign followed by your Ascendant sign if you know it, to get the fullest picture. Full Moons can be emotional and dramatic but this Full Moon brings the possibility to move your life forwards in a way that’s constructive. Either that, or slam the door shut on the past.
- Aries: home, family, roots, past – work, status, responsibility
- Taurus: communication, neighbours, siblings, community – travel, study, discovering a sense of purpose
- Gemini: personal finances, possessions, values – other peoples’ money, legacies, death & rebirth
- Cancer: image, self-identity, personal goals – relationships, other people, enemies, contracts
- Leo: retreat, secrets, self-care, caring for others – work, service, health
- Virgo: friends, groups, society – love affairs, children, creativity, entertainment
- Libra: work, status, responsibility – home, family, roots, past
- Scorpio: travel, study, discovering a sense of purpose – communication, neighbours, siblings, community
- Sagittarius: other peoples’ money, legacies, death & rebirth – personal finances, possessions, values
- Capricorn: relationships, other people, enemies, contracts – image, self-identity, personal goals
- Aquarius: work, service, health – retreat, secrets, self-care, caring for others
- Pisces: love affairs, children, creativity, entertainment – friends, groups, society
Remember that during this Full Moon Saturn rules, so don’t mess with the law!