New Moon [26 Leo 35]
London – August 19 2020 (03:42 GMT+1)
New York – August 18, 2020 (22:42 GMT-4)
Sydney – August 19, 2020 (12:42 GMT+10)
This week, there’s a New Moon in Leo on August 19th, a symbol of new beginnings. It’s the start of a new Moon phase, an ideal time to set your intentions, start something new in your life and be pro-active.
Sun conjunct Mercury
This New Moon is especially powerful as it’s fired up by two key planets. Mercury, the planet of communication, sits next to the New Moon in Leo. The Sun and Mercury unite at 25 Leo on August 17th.
Mercury in Leo is the confident speaker, bold and creative. This is an ideal week to focus on your dreams and decide what you want to create or bring in to the world. The Sun’s warmth and vitality boosts Mercury’s need to show off in Leo, to brag and boast, to command attention.
And, you may have a lot to talk about right now. You might be feeling fired up and passionate, ready to take action, to be daring and courageous. This is because, during the New Moon, the Sun, Moon and Mercury in Leo are all in close trine aspect to Mars, strong in Aries.
This combination has been building since August 16th and is powered up during the New Moon in Leo. Mars is at 25 Aries during the New Moon phase, powerful and strong.
If you don’t have something to be angry about right now, you’re probably hiding away. Last week’s astrology was so chaotic and challenging that many of us want and need to get fired up, to make things happen and fast.
Passion & Action
What this New Moon/Mars combination is good for on a personal level is for taking action, being confident (even if you have to fake it till you make it) and leaping in.
A New Moon in Leo trine Mars in Aries is packed full of passion, vigour, desire, drive and ambition. It’s a go for it period in the month.
So, make your mark this week, be audacious, do your thing, find your passion, follow your heart. Let the Sun/Moon/Mercury/Mars combination empower you to take centre stage and show off your skills and talents.
Be wary of slipping into bossiness or arrogant behaviour but don’t miss out on this chance to perform, to be dynamic, to speak up.
Here are the areas of your life being awakened by this week’s New Moon in Leo. Read both your Sun sign and your Ascendant sign.
- Aries: love affairs, children, creativity, entertainment, self-expression
- Taurus: home, family, your past, security
- Gemini: communication, education, community, siblings & neighbours, your voice
- Cancer: money, possessions, resources, self-value & worth
- Leo: personal goals, physical body, image & profile
- Virgo: retreat, secrets, inner work, personal growth
- Libra: friends, groups, social networks, hopes & wishes
- Scorpio: career, vocation, status & reputation, where you’re heading
- Sagittarius: travel, exploration, higher education, knowledge, the bigger picture
- Capricorn: joint finances & shared resources, sex, money, death & rebirth
- Aquarius: relationships, 1-to-1 interactions, contracts & joint ventures
- Pisces: work, lifestyle, health, service to others
Remember to make a wish when you first see the crescent moon in the sky a day or two after the exact date/time of the New Moon.
Happy New Moon!