LUNAR ECLIPSE [15 Sagittarius 34]
– June 5, 2020 (20:12 GMT+1)
This month’s Full Moon is special because it’s a Lunar Eclipse, when the light of the Moon is ‘eclipsed’ in its relationship with the Sun & Earth.
During a Lunar Eclipse, the Sun & Moon are at opposite sides of the zodiac and the karmic nodes, points of destiny, are pulled into this major planetary pattern.
A shadow is thrown during an eclipse which is why eclipse symbolism is said to be ‘shadowy’ & hidden. Once the shadow lifts, it brings what’s hidden to light or sheds a new perspective on a current situation.
Traditionally, you’re wise to wait a few days after an eclipse before taking action and it’s not a good date to undertake a major project.
This is the first eclipse in a new eclipse cycle which cuts across the Gemini/Sagittarius axis of the zodiac. These two star signs are ruled by Mercury & Jupiter respectively.
They represent schools, education, language, foreign connections, travel, the media & the law, also religion. They are about communication, data and the flow of information.
Eclipse cycles re-occur approximately every 18-19 years. The last eclipse cycle here was December 2001 to November 2003, the previous one was June 1982 to December 1984. The current eclipse cycle will last until December 2021.
This is important for you if you’re one of the mutable star signs, Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces. Also, if the eclipses impact on key angles or planets in your birth chart. Use a 1 degree orb. Here’s the full eclipse cycle:
- Lunar Eclipse [15 Sagittarius 34] – June 5 2020
- Lunar Eclipse [8 Gemini 38] – November 30 2020
- Solar Eclipse [23 Sagittarius 08] – December 14 2020
- Lunar Eclipse [5 Sagittarius 26] – May 26 2021
- Solar Eclipse [19 Gemini 47] – June 10 2021
- Solar Eclipse [12 Sagittarius 22] – December 4 2021
Square Mars & Neptune
This powerful Lunar Eclipse is made even more potent by the fact that it falls exactly square to Mars at 15 Pisces. Mars adds heat & tension, the God of war. If you haven’t already felt this powerful eclipse energy building, especially in the USA, you’re either not alive or disconnected from the world.
During this Eclipse, Mars is conjunct Neptune at 20 Pisces, a symbol of strife (Mars) & suffering (Neptune). Neptune represents sacrifice and is often evident in issues around race & discrimination.
These two planets make their exact conjunction on June 13th, so the volatile situation in the States and around the world is likely to peak during the Eclipse but its consequences won’t die down quickly – and rightly so.
On a personal level, tread cautiously around your relationships. Tempers could flare quickly and Mars adds impetuosity and impulsive action. This weekend’s eclipse falls slap-bang in the middle of the two star signs, at 15 degrees, as we dive straight in.
And, for some people, this could be the right time to clear the air, to get issues out in the open, to start the conversation moving, albeit dramatically. If you’re looking for an awakening, here it comes. Eclipses are often signposts, turning points in your life. They are significators of change.
Eclipses are linked to endings and beginnings. One door closes and a new door opens, someone or something is ‘eclipsed’. Sometimes, the timing can be exact and events prove dramatic. Other times, there’s barely a flutter.
Alternatively, this week’s eclipse may trigger a slow course of change as a series of small events move you in a new direction from now up until the next eclipse in this cycle on November 30, 2020.
Honour The Moon
As this is a Full Moon eclipse, listen to your intuition and slow down the pace. Consider your inner voice, the messages that life’s sending you. Be patient now and questioning and be aware that emotions are running high. This is a time of powerful energy in the cosmos.
As the planetary patterns are a reflection of life here on earth, you too may be in the midst of some powerful change and transformation, whether inner or outer.
This eclipse will be a partial eclipse, i.e. it will only cover a portion of the Moon. You won’t see it at all if you’re in the USA and in other parts of the world, it won’t look that different.
It is, however, powerful eclipse energy and the Full Moon remains an awesome sight lighting up the dark night sky. Enjoy the Moon’s majesty this weekend.
Key Areas To Note
Here’s a guide to the areas of your life where you may experience the theme of endings and beginnings. Or, you’re being called forth on a path of change & transformation. Read both your Sun sign & your Ascendant sign:
- Gemini & Sagittarius: 1st/7th houses – RELATIONSHIPS/IDENTITY – your image & appearance, personal goals, your identity; love & relationships, significant others, agreements & conflicts, contracts & joint ventures
- Cancer/Capricorn: 12th/6th houses – WORK/LIFESTYLE – retreat, quiet, solitude, a spiritual path; your health & work, what you sacrifice for others, being of service
- Aquarius & Leo: 11th/5th houses – SOCIAL GROUPS/SELF-EXPRESSION – your friends, groups, politics & social issues; your children, creativity, love affairs, what you ‘give birth to’.
- Pisces & Virgo: 10th/4th houses – FOUNDATIONS/FUTURE PATH – your career & vocation, your status & reputation, where you’re heading in life; your home & family, your past & roots, where you come from.
- Aries & Libra: 3rd/9th houses – LEARNING/BELIEFS – your education, neighbours & siblings, how you communicate; the bigger picture, travel, philosophy, religion, where you find meaning in life.
- Taurus & Scorpio: 2nd/8th houses – MONEY/SELF-WORTH – money, possessions, where your values lie; your joint finances, your sexuality, all things hidden, the unconscious, the metaphysical realm.
If you would like to receive weekly horoscopes so you know what to expect & keep up-to-date with the latest astrology, you can join my subscription service here: Weekly Horoscopes. Be in the flow & get one step ahead.
Paul W. says
I was a little surprised to read a 1 degree orb, for such a powerful event
with one of the luminaries. Thank you for this article, though.
Sally Kirkman says
Thank you for your comment. No, that is what I would use – 2 degrees maximum. It’s very different to working with aspects in your own chart when you can allow a much wider orb. Although, each eclipse cycle itself is going to have an influence on your natal chart, so in that respect you can simply look where all the eclipses fall during their 18 month-2 year cycle. That will be the area where change & transformation are likely. Hope that helps.