As you leave behind September and enter October, there’s a stunning New Moon to help you begin the new month in style.
This weekend’s New Moon falls in the sign of relationships, Libra, and the closest planetary aspect is a lovely conjunction to Jupiter, the planet of opportunity and growth. At its best, this symbolism equals big (Jupiter) love (Libra).
The Sun/Jupiter conjunction was exact on Monday 26th September and the Moon/Jupiter conjunction is exact today, Friday 30th September at 17:54 GMT +1. Jupiter’s the planet of luck and good fortune and it expands what it touches.
Here’s all you need to know about this month’s New Moon and 7 ways to make the most of its abundant energy.
New Moon [8 Libra 15]:
Saturday 1st October – 01:11 (London)
Friday 30th September – 20:11 (New York)
Saturday 1st October – 10:11 (Sydney)
1. Set your intentions for the month ahead. Write them down, say them out loud.
2. Make a wish on the crescent moon. This will appear in the night sky over the next couple of days. When you first catch a glimpse, make your wish as New Moon wishes can come true.
3. Write an abundance cheque. You can do this with any cheque. Write your name where it says ‘payee’, add how much you want to receive, choose any figure you like, the more abundant the better and sign it ‘with love from the universe’. Tuck it away and wait and see what manifests by the time of the Full Moon in two weeks.
4. Give love. Libra is the sign of relationships and Jupiter is an abundant planet. Be open to love, forgive someone close to you, be big-hearted in your relationships and practise kindness and generosity. Start over in a close relationship.
5. Find balance. Libra is the sign of the scales and represents peace and harmony. Life can feel like a constant balancing act but this weekend decide what it is you need so you can find balance within yourself. This will be personal to your situation, whether you need time alone or to be around people, you want to catch up on sleep, exercise, eat well or you’re ready to play more and work less. Your choice.
6. Celebrate. Jupiter’s the jovial planet which brings joy and happiness into your life. Traditionally the Full Moon is the time to celebrate but why not party this weekend or do whatever brings you pleasure in life. Make more of an effort to have fun and laugh out loud.
7. Learn something new. Jupiter is the planet linked to foreign connections, travel, study and knowledge. This is the perfect weekend to broaden your horizons, sign up for an adventure, say Yes to life. Step out of your comfort zone and go explore the big wide world.
Happy New Moon )
Thanks Sally ! It s a real pleasure reading your posts. Very clear too. Warm regards; Dany from argentina.
Sally Kirkman says
Thank you for your kind comment. best wishes, Sally