This eclipse article was originally written in October 2013 at the beginning of the current Aries/Libra eclipse cycle.
It’s still relevant for you today as the next lunar or Full Moon eclipse at 4 Aries/Libra draws ever closer, exact on Monday 28th September 2015 [03:50 BST].
A new eclipse cycle begins this week focusing on the signs of Aries and Libra. Friday 18th October is the day of the first eclipse which is exact at 23:38 GMT.
If you have planets or angles in Aries or Libra and one of the eclipses falls within 2 degrees of that point, then more likely than not change is on the way or at least a chance to reorient yourself.
To understand eclipses, the language and symbolism of the eclipse can act as a guide. When the lights, the Sun and Moon, are ‘eclipsed’, we are in the dark and events are hidden and shadowy. Secrets emerge and what’s unknown comes to light.
As an eclipse involves three bodies, the Sun, the Moon and the Earth, this may represent a ‘triangle’ situation in your life where one person loses out allowing another person to take advantage. At an eclipse, often one door has to shut before a new door can be opened.
You v. Them/Balancing The Scales
The relationship theme is especially prevalent with this new set of eclipses focusing on Aries ruling the self and Libra ruling relationships. It’s you versus them and the challenge may be how to keep your own identity when you’re in relationship to others either personally or professionally.
Intimate relationships are often the trickiest to negotiate especially when your marriage or connection lasts for years. You can see more closely the balance of the scales (Libra’s zodiac symbol) as they swing up and down, at times perfectly aligned but more often than not, out of sync with each other even if only slightly.
A relationship based on equality, the ‘two peas in a pod’ scenario may be the perfect goal but the deeper learning about yourself comes from seeing and understanding yourself in relation to others. When you dive deep into love or another key partnership in your life you hold up a mirror revealing who you really are.
Here are the dates and degrees of the Aries/Libra eclipse cycle:
- October 18 2013 – Lunar Eclipse [25 Aries 45]
- April 15 2014 – Lunar Eclipse [25 Libra 16]
- October 8 2014 – Lunar Eclipse [15 Aries 05]
- April 4 2015 – Lunar Eclipse [14 Libra 24]
- September 28 2015 – Lunar Eclipse [4 Aries 40]
- March 23 2016 – Lunar Eclipse [3 Libra 17]
There will be other eclipses running alongside the Aries/Libra cycle but what’s immediately noticeable is that all these eclipses are lunar or Full Moon eclipses. This fits with the Libran symbolism as the Full Moon is an opposition and naturally highlights relationships in your life.
Relationship v. Ego
This set of eclipses also falls in pairs, one in the autumn and one in the spring at a similar degree. So maybe there will be two chances to get things right or to develop a greater understanding. As I was thinking about writing this blog post, the following quotation appeared on my Facebook page:
Apologising does not always mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.
I suspect that for many of us there will be lots to learn about relating and how we stay true to who we are whilst at the same time honouring and nurturing our relationships. There will inevitably be times when we fail and get it wrong and other times when we are successful and get it right.
It’s also worth remembering that a relationship is a product of two people together and sometimes we have little or no say over what the other person says or does. The decisions we make when a relationship’s not working well may be the most important over the coming period. I have planets and angles at all the key degrees mentioned above and I shall be sharing my own insights and story along the way.
The Houses/The Areas of Life
If you know your own chart, it’s also helpful to consider in what houses of the chart the eclipse will fall to understand better where changes may occur and which areas of your life to focus on and be vigilant. Here’s a quick reminder. Read both your Sun Sign and your Ascendant for the complete picture:
- Aries: Personal goals & self care v. relationships & one-on-one partnership
- Taurus: Retreat & recuperation v. work, service, health & fitness
- Gemini: Friends, groups & networks v. self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs
- Cancer: Career & vocation v. home & family
- Leo: Travel & exploration v. busyness close to home, neighbours & siblings
- Virgo: Other peoples’ money & joint resources v. personal possessions & values
- Libra: Relationships & one-on-one partnership v. personal goals & self care
- Scorpio: Work, service, health & fitness v. retreat & recuperation
- Sagittarius: Self-expression, creativity, children & love affairs v. friends, groups & networks
- Capricorn: Home & family v. career & vocation
- Aquarius: Busyness close to home, neighbours & siblings v. travel & exploration
- Pisces: Personal possessions & values v. other peoples’ money & joint resources
[photo from flickr.com]