I discovered the following video on YouTube from, I believe, 1970 entitled “Raquel Welch – Aquarius and Let The Sun Shine In” and knew I had to share it in a blog post. These are the six reasons why:
1. I am a hippy at heart.
2. Two years ago, I went to see “Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical” in London’s West End with my friend, Dawn, and it was outrageously good. The two songs, “Aquarius” and “Let The Sun Shine In” are both sung in the musical.
3. In 1995, I travelled to Mexico on my own and went to see The Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon at Teotihuacan, where the video’s set.
4. Being an astrologer, I love the lyrics to “Aquarius”:
“When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
The age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius”
5. Check out those zodiac star sign costumes, they’re magnificent. They appear very early on in the video.
6. What’s not to love about Raquel Welch looking gorgeous and dancing like a good ‘un.
So, make yourself a nice cup of tea, put your feet up, sit back and enjoy: